Mental Health Forums

Royal Wedding Ambivalence

hummm_mabbe

Hullo

Just wondered whether others are watching the wedding? I am sort of watching the build up and I just keep feeling horribly sad, for multiple reasons I suppose. Also its nice when they interview just a normal person who has come to see it because they love it, but am getting a bit fed up with all these dignitaries they draught in to waffle away. Think I will probably go back and watch the main bit at 11am, and if I get too sad I will just stop watching.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not interested in the royal wedding. I think it's good that people are out celebrating and enjoying themselves, but no amount of street parties and Mcvities wedding biscuits are going to hide the fact that we're being screwed by the tories again - baring in mind that we are essentially paying for the royal families lavish lifestyle. So no, I won't be watching the wedding.

I'm not interested in the royal wedding. I think it's good that people are out celebrating and enjoying themselves, but no amount of street parties and Mcvities wedding biscuits are going to hide the fact that we're being screwed by the tories again - baring in mind that we are essentially paying for the royal families lavish lifestyle. So no, I won't be watching the wedding.

Did I miss out on free biscuits again? :o

I dont think you are alone in your feelings. I think there are some 'protest' street parties, "not the royal wedding" parties going on by anti-monarchy groups.

Lol and just as I post this, David Cameron comes on telly to waffle about how wonderful it all is.

Oh not free! But they're 5 quid in tesco, plus half price booze - isn't it wonderful?!!

Ah david cameron - Enjoy today because tomorrow we're taking your benefits and your nhs from you!

Bah!

Oh not free! But they're 5 quid in tesco, plus half price booze - isn't it wonderful?!!

Ah david cameron - Enjoy today because tomorrow we're taking your benefits and your nhs from you!

Bah!

5 quids for BICCIES?

They just had Boris Johnson on, he was quite funny. Got his suit from Moss Bros on Oxford Street :lol:

I am not really interested to be honest. I might watch bits of the ceremony, or possibly just see the highlights on the news later.

I am not really interested to be honest. I might watch bits of the ceremony, or possibly just see the highlights on the news later.

Lol a bit like catching up with the F1 :) Just watch the highlights :lol:

To be honest it bores me, its not my thing. I'd much rather be working away on puzzles on my laptop, watching comedy/drama/horror, or outside going for a walk.

Well I've done my bit now, watched the important parts :) Shant bother with the speeches and stuff.

Hope Wills and Kate get thoroughly largered at the reception and maybe Harry will get a snog off a bridesmaid :wub:

I have watched the wedding from 10am, beautiful ceremony. Thought it was beautiful.

Hurray! Someone who liked it :) I sort of started out being a bit mixed feelings, but I think my inner patriot / romantic won through. Bless.

I woke up this morning all depressed as per usual but when I switched on the telly to see one of the wealthiest, entitled and all-round-better-than-me eggs on the planet marry a gorgeous tall brunette then I couldn't help but swell up with an unbridled, very British brand of joy.

:masked: Joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy :masked:

Normally when I think of Britain, I think of war, elitism and poverty but all is forgotten now because I can rejoice in joyous joy. :baaasmiley:

:party: I for one will be wholeheartedly partaking in teh celebrations celebrating this wonderful occasion. Because as so often rammed down our throats recently, it's not just their joyful day, it's everybody's... including mine. So here's a Leaving Las Vegas stylee toast to the happy couple :king_right:

I was watchin a bit of it wer their in the carriage waving to the peasants.....Thought William was waving too fast and he lost my respect for that.....I also kept thinking...and yes this is my fun view of things!.I was thinking theres gonna be alot a horse shit on the road to clean up afterwards........Ah com'on William! Ya have to wave slower! It aint proper waving like a madman! One does not approve! lol.....Cudnt really give a shit about the wedding, I bow to no one, thats the life of a mercenary ;)

I wasn't gunna watch it, but I came downstairs and my nana had it on the telly.

Scoffed a bit at her and made some half-arsed mildly insulting comments about her watching it, and the next thing I knew, I'm sat on the floor right in front of the telly, eyes all wide and blinking up at the screen and tears flowing down my cheeks, stupid grin on my face.

Though it was beautiful, and Kate looked an absolute dream, the lump in my throat of happy tears has now sunk down to be a great big heavy block of jealousy and "I'm never going to have anything like that for myself :crying_anim:" thoughts in my belly. :confused:

xxxx

I wasn't gunna watch it, but I came downstairs and my nana had it on the telly.

Scoffed a bit at her and made some half-arsed mildly insulting comments about her watching it, and the next thing I knew, I'm sat on the floor right in front of the telly, eyes all wide and blinking up at the screen and tears flowing down my cheeks, stupid grin on my face.

Though it was beautiful, and Kate looked an absolute dream, the lump in my throat of happy tears has now sunk down to be a great big heavy block of jealousy and "I'm never going to have anything like that for myself :crying_anim:" thoughts in my belly. :confused:

xxxx

See? Ambivalence lol

Its difficult innit. Its nice seeing people happy, and crowds all waving and that. Gives you that little "whoo". But then another bit chimes in and feels a bit sad / unhappy.

Yay for stupid grins :lol:

I woke up this morning all depressed as per usual but when I switched on the telly to see one of the wealthiest, entitled and all-round-better-than-me eggs on the planet marry a gorgeous tall brunette then I couldn't help but swell up with an unbridled, very British brand of joy.

:masked: Joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy :masked:

Normally when I think of Britain, I think of war, elitism and poverty but all is forgotten now because I can rejoice in joyous joy. :baaasmiley:

:party: I for one will be wholeheartedly partaking in teh celebrations celebrating this wonderful occasion. Because as so often rammed down our throats recently, it's not just their joyful day, it's everybody's... including mine. So here's a Leaving Las Vegas stylee toast to the happy couple :king_right:

You forgot the " /sarcasm " :lol:

I don't normally like the Royal's but I'm watching. Loved her dress, loves the way he looked at her. Waiting for the kiss now. I've even taken pictures!

i am actively avoiding anything that has to do with it simply cos it'#s all hype. i'm a firm believer that getting married should be special for the 2 people not what everyone else wants / expects and how can 1900 people be special?

Plus, i dont really give a rats ass about it cos i'm not sold on what the royal family actually do for us anyway.

I wonder wud the royal guards cut down anyway with their swords if they tried to atack the royal carriage.....I do love a good sword fight

Okay, now waiting for the balcony thing, I'm starting to feel really sick. Still crying, but it's not a happy kind of cry at all. I should probably turn it off, have the remote in my hand, but i can't. :unsure: I want to see it, but at the same time i don't at all and want to erase everything i've seen so far. *is all bitter and twisted and actually kind of angry at them for being happy* :ashamed0005:

xxx

I am laughing at some of the people in the crowd...some of them are nuts!!!!

My mates in London are watching it in Hyde Park - dressed up in british makeup and royal fancy dress....hope they have a great day. I'm trying to keep upbeat on this, because everyone in Crewe is still at their homes, and so I'm on my own here

I am laughing at some of the people in the crowd...some of them are nuts!!!!

My mates in London are watching it in Hyde Park - dressed up in british makeup and royal fancy dress....hope they have a great day. I'm trying to keep upbeat on this, because everyone in Crewe is still at their homes, and so I'm on my own here

ahahaha, did you see the guy who was walking towards the gates waving that huge flag, and just whipping loads of people in the face with it either side of him?? :rolleyes:

Archived