Mental Health Forums

Royal Wedding Ambivalence

hummm_mabbe

I woke up this morning all depressed as per usual but when I switched on the telly to see one of the wealthiest, entitled and all-round-better-than-me eggs on the planet marry a gorgeous tall brunette then I couldn't help but swell up with an unbridled, very British brand of joy.

:masked: Joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy :masked:

Normally when I think of Britain, I think of war, elitism and poverty but all is forgotten now because I can rejoice in joyous joy. :baaasmiley:

:party: I for one will be wholeheartedly partaking in teh celebrations celebrating this wonderful occasion. Because as so often rammed down our throats recently, it's not just their joyful day, it's everybody's... including mine. So here's a Leaving Las Vegas stylee toast to the happy couple :king_right:

You forgot the " /sarcasm " :lol:

I also forgot to point out that the fact that they each found true love before they were even 30 is simply delightful.

I often get quite forgetful when I'm this fucking happy... and joyful :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but i'm not interested in it at all really.

But am happy it's making people happy :)

Okay, now waiting for the balcony thing, I'm starting to feel really sick. Still crying, but it's not a happy kind of cry at all. I should probably turn it off, have the remote in my hand, but i can't. :unsure: I want to see it, but at the same time i don't at all and want to erase everything i've seen so far. *is all bitter and twisted and actually kind of angry at them for being happy* :ashamed0005:

xxx

I wudnt envy them at all, think about it, millions of people are watching them and the media is focused on them too, every little thing they do is being scrutinised and picked over. There is no real intimacy in this wedding and any minor mistakes they make will be reported on ruthlessly exploited.

A small wedding with close family and friends is a much more intimate and special day, who wants everyone watching away at them, its a miserable existance which offers little privacy.

Thats my view anyway :)

Okay, now waiting for the balcony thing, I'm starting to feel really sick. Still crying, but it's not a happy kind of cry at all. I should probably turn it off, have the remote in my hand, but i can't. :unsure: I want to see it, but at the same time i don't at all and want to erase everything i've seen so far. *is all bitter and twisted and actually kind of angry at them for being happy* :ashamed0005:

xxx

I wudnt envy them at all, think about it, millions of people are watching them and the media is focused on them too, every little thing they do is being scrutinised and picked over. There is no real intimacy in this wedding and any minor mistakes they make will be reported on ruthlessly exploited.

A small wedding with close family and friends is a much more intimate and special day, who wants everyone watching away at them, its a miserable existance which offers little privacy.

Thats my view anyway :)

Lol yes you make some very good, very true points there. I don't even like weddings, but my god, now i want one. Jeeeez, sitting here on my own, apparently watching a loved-up couple tie the knot is "the perfect way to heal my broken heart" according to just about everyone who knows my current situ. Oh deary me. I'm going to get my Phish Food out the freezer. Good job I stocked up! haha

xxx

I did enjoy watching the ceremony and balcony scene whilst we had our lunch. However, the afternoon's TV is going to be pretty boring, hours of droning on and shots of crowds. I'd rather they put on a decent film!

Yeah, I'm well and truly done with it now. TV off, got The Dillinger Escape Plan blasting, and am off to do the last of scrubbing the oven clean, then Reservoir Dogs is getting whacked on, tub of icecream in my lap, and i'm forgetting all this stupid romance stuff.

I hear that Crippie

Well actually I'm hearing The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza and Carnifex.

Epic breakdowns - bad for the neck, great for the soul :sm.jpg:

I hear that Crippie

Well actually I'm hearing The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza and Carnifex.

Epic breakdowns - bad for the neck, great for the soul :sm.jpg:

wooooooo! :sm.jpg: Yes, this - "Epic breakdowns - bad for the neck, great for the soul" :)

the best thing i ever did was legging it to las vegas to get married

me, him, the reverand doing the ceremony and the woman who works in the church.

couldn't bear a huge event

this is just done for show! Yes, i get that they love each other but think how much money the huge wedding is bringing in!

Rather disapointed I feel asleep and missed the service waking up to see the balcony kiss. Found it all rather emotional a friend of mine is getting we'd today but hers was arranged well before the royals. Kinda wish I was getting married, although I am going for a dress fitting Tuesday for my friends wedding ( I am dreading it ) Kate looked beautiful I wish I was as stunning as she is!

I didn't watch it, i got up too late but i didnt really want to watch it. it would only make me jealous and depressed.

I hope they are really happy together. they both seem like really nice people

Rather disapointed I feel asleep and missed the service waking up to see the balcony kiss. Found it all rather emotional a friend of mine is getting we'd today but hers was arranged well before the royals. Kinda wish I was getting married, although I am going for a dress fitting Tuesday for my friends wedding ( I am dreading it ) Kate looked beautiful I wish I was as stunning as she is!

As a bloke I am meant to be immune to "wedding effect", but after watching that on telly I found myself thinking about the eligibility of various wimminz as I went along my walk today :ashamed0005:

I think maybe I was getting a couple of looks back too, though am a bit too shy at the mo to smile lol

i have to be honest i couldt give a damm.

im not a royualist and despise the monarchy and the fact that hanovarian brutes in plate armour somehow rule over us with no thoeretical controls.

that said dont hold them any ill. i just dont CARE. i see it just as propaganda for the massesses look how wonderful we are when we are poor, broke, jbless and screwed over at every turn.

they want to get hitched fine. 2 rich, powerful and well conected people who have had doors opened for them throughout there lives then get everything lumped in as well. arnt we so wonderful etc etc.

JUST SOID OFF WITH IT ALL WOIRLD

im glad i went diving even if it was a semi crap dive. ment i missed all of it today.

I see "mixed" feelings were not an issue for most people then :lol:

Hence the term "black and white thinking" :)

I think it was the most beautiful thing ever. She was stunning, the happiness on her face was truly wonderful. The way William looked at her was amazing. To see a couple so very in love is just breath taking. You can't not smile or not be happy for them. She got her fairytale today.

I think it was the most beautiful thing ever. She was stunning, the happiness on her face was truly wonderful. The way William looked at her was amazing. To see a couple so very in love is just breath taking. You can't not smile or not be happy for them. She got her fairytale today.

Whoooooo awwww :wub: I knew some romantics would post soon :) Liked the Aston Martin and helicopter bit, blimey that was so Hollywood :D

Did something happen? What, someone got married or something…? tongue.gif

Yup, and the bride was hawt. Hawt I tells ya. Shawty got back.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

LOVE this thread!!!

I'm with david icke too, kit-kat :):)

Excuse me, can we please draw attention to the REAL culture that was on TV today?!

100 Greatest Musicals was (repeated) on More4 today....f*&$ing brilliant it was too!!! Now THAT is good bank holiday TV :D:D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Went to a party and watched it in gazebo, loved it, the kids had a great day and I don't know why most people are jealous or bored, it is 1 day only no one asks you to do anything.

Glad you enjoyed the wedding.

As for not knowing why people would be jealous or bored.... you're on a mental health site, a lot of people here have troubles with relationships, and things like a wedding that is so public, so in-your-face, can be upsetting for them when their own relationships are either non-exsistent or struggling.

I felt jealous because i've just recently split from my partner and am stuggling to deal with that, so seeing them all loved up served as a reminder of my ex and how that's never gunna be us (getting married, that is), or anything close to it.

As for no one asking us to do anything... eh? :blink: No one has suggested that there was anyone doing so.

catrina.

they have so much, never want for anything, have been gioven every advantage. then its rubbed in peoples noses. how wonderful there life is. how everyone is happy for them.

and its hmmered in with coinstant media barage, for weeks before and all day today. no way to avoid it at all.

Archived