Mental Health Forums

Royal Wedding Ambivalence

hummm_mabbe

they do so much good work they have no choice about that you can choose to turn the tv on or not. You can feel jealous if you want it won't bother them, but how about feeling happy that other people are happy maybe that will you feel better. To me you have a bad attitude about others fortune.

do you not think that i would give anything to actually be in a place where I could just be happy for others happiness? I'm pretty sure that I can speak for others here too, in saying that that IS what is wanted. Sometimes, that is just not possible for us, because our own hurt is too strong at that moment in time. To me, you seem to be very judgemental, and pointing out that people have a "bad attitude" when all they are doing is expressing their thoughts and feelings in answer to a topic about precisely that - what their thoughts and feelings are on it - is a very good way to get people's backs up.

Just because we do not share the same view as you, does not mean we are wrong. We are allowed to feel whatever it is that we feel, regardless of what you label us. It's fine to disagree, but if you wish to mention/discuss it, at least have some respect. You don't know any of us, don't know why we experience whatever feelings we do, you do not know our backgrounds, do not know our stories, yet you make assumptions like you have, presuming you know us well enough to be able to dicate to us how we should or shouldn't react. That pisses me off, massively.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did something happen? What, someone got married or something…? tongue.gif

Yup, and the bride was hawt. Hawt I tells ya. Shawty got back.

Well he's a cutie-pie, no doubt about it, so I suppose they're well suited. But speaking purely as a married man myself, every man should have a hot wife. My wife, at 48 (don't tell her I revealed her age), is just plain smokin' hot. It's the greatest thing evah.

Actually, I've been thinking about this recently and am wondering why, besides the overt symbolism and the public's love of a good spectacle, they're even getting married in the first place. Maybe it's a succession issue or something (although you could just change the damn law—does the idea of legitimacy in this day and age really matter to a so-called ruling class that no longer wields any real power?), but society in both the UK and Europe is trending away from marriage and towards cohabitation. It seems like marriage as an institution is dying. Maybe the royals are simply behind the curve.

Archived