Mental Health Forums

"psychic" Intuition With Other Bpd'rs?

Tclute

Hi everyone. Do the rest of the BPD'rs out there have a fiercely tuned in sense of intuition, bordering on pyschic ability? Mine seems to work through my dreams and gives my uncanny premonitory dreams in detail days before the event. Is this a Borderline trait that others experience as well? I've experienced BPD characteristics all my life, but have also had the "psychic" abilities all my life too.

I think so.

I think that we were Sensitive children, and most of us were traumatized or abused. So I think that we are Sensitives with PTSD. We were often compared to our "normal" --meaning insensitive, in this case!--siblings and found wanting, so we contorted our personalities around insensitive people's expectations of us. Once we find our own inner Light and compass, we can adopt an appropriate practice supporting our health and abilities.

Thank you for asking this question, sometimes i feel like i am a freak when i talk about these things.

love,

cat

me and piuma had very similar dreams last night, which included will smith, rings being too small for our fingers and a medieval theme - none of which we had watched on tv or even discussed - DEFO no will smith :blink: it was most strange when piuma started telling me about her dream, she was like, '...and then will smith appeared!' an i was like 'OMG he was in my dream!'

:blink:

I don't think there is anything psychic about it. BPDers have similarities and so tend to have similar thoughts, feelings, emotions etc. When we find someone who is 'in tune' with us its tempting to think there is something mysterious about it, whereas in fact there is not.

My question was geared more towards wondering if other BPD'ers also experienced extremely sensitive intuitive abilities about all things in general, and the ability to often predict the future by means of very vivid dreams. That has been my experience and I'm wondering if that is a common BPD general trait. You are right- BPD'ers are really similar in so many ways, which is why I was curious if others experienced this phenomenon like I do as well. I was just diagnosed 5 months ago and am really curious what things I have in common with other people also dealing with BPD. This has been a strange trip... I know we've got that in common for sure!

So, can you relate to these intuitive or predictive abilities of which I speak?

Wow- so you had a tandem dream! Aren't those crazy???? I've experienced that once and have interacted with another person. He brought up the dream and I made sure to keep the details to myself to make sure he wasn't messing with me when he went on to describe our mutual dream! That is some powerful stuff. My dreams are really crazy places. Are yours as well? Its like a full feature movie running in my head, my dreams are.

Do you ever encounter major intuitive abilities about other people, such as intuiting information about other people, or having vivid dreams which predict the future?

If I were my dream in 1988 about Swedish terrorists kidnapping Barbara bush and holding her in an apartment with a hideous green shag carpet would have come true.

Hi Cat,

That is a really wise explanation for it and I'll bet you are right. I also wonder myself that perhaps our "different wiring" might have something to do with it as well? I still can't explain my frequent dreams which predict future events. They've been so specific and another one just happened again today. I just was curious if other people experience that as well.

Do you also intuit really personal things about people as well? I look at people in the eye and I feel like I'm downloading a ton of information.... I'll get all sorts of information- even things like "her son committed suicide"- things I don't know how I know or don't really prefer to know....

So thanks for listening and please don't feel like a freak! I am the mayor of freaky and at least now I have a diagnoses for why my life has been so odd! :) Any time you want to talk about something you feel borders on "freaky", you know who to write!

Thanks for writing.

DA

Hey just wanted to say I agree that there's something in this related to bpd... I often get days where it seems like there are a million signs and symbols around to tell me things... it's kinda difficult to explain. I've also had dreams in the past that have predicted the future in weird ways... I guess it could be said of all mental illnesses.. are they illnesses or are the things experienced true to the person - they just see things differently to everyone else? It doesn't make them any less real.

i dont think it is limited to just BPD in the MH spectrum... i am not diagnosed with anything other than dep and anx and i have also had similar intuitive experiences...

maybe it is rather linked with the way people with mh difficulties "feel" like heightened emotions links to heightened sensitivity wrt psychic intuition... or even linked with the way we try and work with ALL feelings in recovery and so we are more inclined to notice and acknowledge the intuitive feelings as well as the emotional ones...

i always think that we operate on 4 planes... physical, emotional, mental and spiritual... and for us to be well, they need to be in balance... so maybe we are just more aware of the spiritual aspect as we strive for mental wellness...

dunno... just my ramblings... take or leave as you wish xx

Hi Cat,

That is a really wise explanation for it and I'll bet you are right. I also wonder myself that perhaps our "different wiring" might have something to do with it as well? I still can't explain my frequent dreams which predict future events. They've been so specific and another one just happened again today. I just was curious if other people experience that as well.

Do you also intuit really personal things about people as well? I look at people in the eye and I feel like I'm downloading a ton of information.... I'll get all sorts of information- even things like "her son committed suicide"- things I don't know how I know or don't really prefer to know....

So thanks for listening and please don't feel like a freak! I am the mayor of freaky and at least now I have a diagnoses for why my life has been so odd! :) Any time you want to talk about something you feel borders on "freaky", you know who to write!

Thanks for writing.

DA

Thanks DA :)

Yeah, I don't see the future, but I do get a rush of energy information from people. It makes me kind of an introvert because other people's energy starts to feel more real than mine. Another thing that happens to me is I can feel and adjust chakra energy when I give back massages. Also since i have started developing rather than avoiding these things, I see aura colors. I've always had more of a gift with animals than humans. I am extremely empathic with animals and even plants talk to me. Thanks for making me feel comfortable with your words,

much appreciation!

love,

cat

I hoped many of us would be the same way in this sense. I had vivid dreams since I was 5. Some of my dreams are about the past, some turn out to be about the future. Some tell me things about the present--things I am not aware of.

One explanation about this is quite simple: there is no time; there is the perception of time, and most of our life is based on this perception. However, the real issue I have with dreamwalking is the control. To focus on something and to expect results. None of the methods I have are 100% successful. To be honest all are below the 5% bar. I hoped since "magical thinking" is a symptom for many bpds, then we might reach a method that work by pooling resources and experiences.

It is not just in dreams, though. The dreams just came first.

i was convinced i was psychic n had preminition visions even in day n when i'm not in chaos in my brain i get pictures n aoras i don't go on about it n don't recognise it anymore cause it overloaded my brain n i also got obsessed with seeing things for things which i think is unhealthy so i asked my god/spirit to stop it cause i couldn't handel it i believe it does exist cause i saw the new footage of my friend at our work getting mudered when i was 14 n then my ex- partner i saw him lying dead before me when i got with him n it just got too much, my line of thinking goes with a famous psychic called sylvia brown in the us n she has loads of books if u feel up to following up with it but i'll warn u we as bpders can obsess n lose identity to it so treat lightly i couldn't handel it i got too much info berroging me so i stopped n people who have never experinced something can be sceptical n they tend to not take u seriously n think ur nutz n im already nutz so i leave it alone, i think we r overly senitised n senitive people n that explained the link to me in my head hope it helps xxx andy-pants i think ur dream means u want to shag barbara bush hehe

may i add wicca research is a wonderful philosophy but can be dangerous when we play god in our thinking nothing rong with new age thinking but take a bit from everywhere n make it ur own to fit u , i believe in the human spirit personally gets me thru and that we meet people for reasons

• 2 weeks later...

All my life I've had these moments of what to me seem to be psychic experiences. It's not something I can control, but I've often 'seen' things in my mind before they happen. And other people have witnessed it, because I tell them what's going to happen, and when it does, they can't believe I knew that. But it's not usually in dreams for me, but just something that hits me while I'm awake. Although I have had a couple dreams where the events actually happened. I feel like I'm very intuitive and always have been, and I have the ability to meet a person and read them to the point I know things I shouldn't know. But I never attributed it to BPD or anything (maybe because I only recently was diagnosed) But it's interesting to see if others experience this type of thing too.... One of the abilities I have is to really connect to a person very quickly and deeply, and it's because I see things in them that no one else sees, that they try to hide, and when I tap into that, it's very intense. But I have no idea how or why I can do this. It either makes people happy and feel good or it freaks them the hell out....lol But I can't control it.

I take small amounts of information and amplify them into big stories. I look at people on the street and imagine who they are and what their lives are like--it's like I know so much about them from one glance. In reality, I am very sensitive to other peoples' "vibes" and can tell with only minor interactions if they're cool--it's like a sixth sense--and I'm usually right about them. I think we have unusually sensitive "guts" and going with our gut feelings works well for us. Funny...I was just thinking about this on the way to work this morning.

thought i'd add a light humor i think i ran into an extra from the witch scene of monty python holy grail n i was just thinking k dont say it she'll hex u hehe

I don't have BPD but I get 'good' feelings or 'bad' feelings about people which often turn out to be right.

I can spot strong minded people with decent morals.

I wouldn't say I have had any psychic experiences as such but I am very very sensitive.

There is one thing, but I cannot remember the details or order in which it happened.

I had a dream I had a brother 6yrs younger than me, my mum told me she lost a baby when I was 6, but like I say, unsure of details so wouldnt class it as psychic.

Hi everyone. Do the rest of the BPD'rs out there have a fiercely tuned in sense of intuition, bordering on pyschic ability? Mine seems to work through my dreams and gives my uncanny premonitory dreams in detail days before the event. Is this a Borderline trait that others experience as well? I've experienced BPD characteristics all my life, but have also had the "psychic" abilities all my life too.

Probably not. I am finishing up a book called Me and the monster-- understanding Boarderline personality disorder. I also wrote another book called To hell And Back The Lefe Account of Jason Murra. At the time I wrote my book I didn,t know I had BPD, but if you read it, I think things will make sence to you.. I am on every internet site.

This was actually one of the symptoms that made me start looking for some serious help.

I became bombarded with "visions".

In the vision it always something horrific happening to one if my kids or someone else close and it is down to me to sort it all out.

In real life when this visions actually occur it has nothing to do with me or mine. But has happened exactly as in the vision. Scary stuff. I couldn't handle if anymore.

And then there's the whole seeing spirits / ghosts thing. Everyday I debate with myself on the same issue;

Can I see the ghost of an old man in the corner of my front room or am I hallucinating? There is also a young boy who follows me. When I look at him he is just staring at me..., waiting. I dunno what for though.

Yes I think being intuitive must have something to do with the bpd dx. Not sure what though or how it fits in.

I have spent yrs being told that I am intelligent and insightful. But if this were true why does my mental health team treat me like an idiot ???

I have also had vivid dreams and visions since I wad very young. The worst about nuclear war and lions getting loose jn a public area with kids about. Not at the same time though Lol. All my life, without a trigger.

Archived