Mental Health Forums

A Good Mood , But For How Long

emptyspace

hey , its been my first time iv had a drink for over a year and i actully feel good for once :)

i know and already feel the big harsh depression kicking in . i know this isnt good for me and last i was bad ( only a couple of months ago ) i ended up hospital .

any tips would be good for the morning :)

cheers

scared as aways :(

Water, lots and lots of water. If you haven't eaten anything, have something nice and juicy as in, high calories. A big double-decker burger would be great. Water will reduce your hangover(if you'll have any) hydrate your body and the big juicy meal will reduce hangover symptoms further, also makes your brain secrete serotonin, a happiness hormone. Literally a substance that makes you happy just like that. If you're hardly hungover and still feeling down. Go out, go jog for 5 miles or do anything physical. All this will boost your serotonin levels, makes you feel better and almost eliminates feelings of sadness, briefly only the first time. If you can make physical activities your everyday routine your body is going to adjust itself on it, it'll make you healthier and happier.

Don't let it get to you. Fight against it, I gave you weapons, use them.

Archived