Mental Health Forums

* Edit Post * Delete Post * Report This Post * Reply With Quote Why Am I Getting These Horrible Urges To Hurt Myself?

CoolDawg

Hello,

Recently I have been getting these horrible urges to hurt myself such as by throwing myself onto the road, they appear out of no where.

What is wrong with me? They are also very hard to control.

Please I need help, Im at the end of my tether.

I have had intrusive thoughts for about a year now but I have never had these horrific urges.

The other day I stuck a nut down my throat because I had an urge to do so.

have u been to your dr to explain these thoughts, it would be a good idea, your dr will be able to help you.

be safe

emogirl xxx

have u been to your dr to explain these thoughts, it would be a good idea, your dr will be able to help you.

be safe

emogirl xxx

I am going to go to the dr.

What can you speculate it is?

we don't, SHOULDN'T, speculate about stuff like this. we are just mere members with patient expertise, not doctor expertise.

i hope ur doctor helps u xx

I suffer with these urges a lot when I am really, really low. The intrusive thoughts are bad enough and then all that too, like you say. I think it is linked to the thoughts but as others have said your doctor is the best one to chat it over with. Can I suggest you try and get and urgent or emergency appointment? xxx

The urges could be happening because you have depression or another illness. Its not very nice but its something that happens to a lot of people. if you are feeling negative about yourself in any way and finding life a real challenge, its natural to want to run away from it and sometimes it seems like the only way of escaping is the things you're thinking about. but there are other ways of escaping it and you are doing the right things to find them.

It's good you've got a doctors appointment, they can tell you exactly whats wrong or send you to someone who can diagnose you. once you have a diagnosis, they will be able to help you. its likely they will suggest medication or therapy. its probably best if you tell the doctor you have been having intrusive thoughts for a year, they might assume its a new problem and they might just say come back in 1 month. they are less likely to help you straight away if they think its a short-term tning that might go away on its own.

lots of people on the site have urges like this, would it help you to know how other people deal with these urges? I don't really have a way, i probably should find a way but i just fight them and remind myself how annoyed my mum would be if i did anything like that. some people have ways of distracting themselves or relieving the feelings.

Archived