Mental Health Forums

Ideas For A Meet Up... Would You Be Up For It?

purple-chick

ok well me and a few members have been talking and thought it would be such a nice idea to have a big meet up!!

everyone on the forum would be welcome... but obviously only come if you want to

it would prob have to be in the uk somewhere... maybe the middle of england somewhere would be the easiest unsure.gif

i have no idea how to go about organising this..... and i dont wanna step on anyones toes!!!!

maybe it would have to be josh and lily that sort it out??? but if not, id be happy to try organising something, with help from others

badkitteh has informed me that there has been one in the past, and it went well... so if anyone that has been here along time could inform me as to who sorted it out etc, that would be great!!! :)

there are so many lovely people on here that i would love to meet!

but anyway i just thought id get the ball rolling by seeing who would be up for it???

xxxx

I think the first thing would be to see who would like to meet up and then once people know who want to come ect, Talk about where it is best to do it and the best date, So people know and can make sure they have the money and if they don't, Try and do it another time, When they might have the money, I dunno o.O...

yeh i agree hun, thats why i said 'but anyway i just thought id get the ball rolling by seeing who would be up for it???' :) xxx

i'd love to have a meet up! but ye would depend on location, money and stuff

I think the best location would be somewhere public, like a pub, or hotel. We can't meet in people's homes, its just not feasible and its not safe.

Also I think it should be somewhere reasonably accessible by both car and public transport. Within walking distance of a train station would be good.

The last idea for a meeting was in Blackpool, but it fizzled out and never happened: http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/41303-trip-to-blackpool.

I think the best location would be somewhere public, like a pub, or hotel. We can't meet in people's homes, its just not feasible and its not safe.

Also I think it should be somewhere reasonably accessible by both car and public transport. Within walking distance of a train station would be good.

The last idea for a meeting was in Blackpool, but it fizzled out and never happened: http://www.mentalhea...ip-to-blackpool.

well obv it wouldnt be at someones house, there couldnt be hundreds of us at someone house! i meant like hire out a travel lodge or something.

i think by location, toastie meant where in the country!

you know what it was prob a bad idea anyway.... just forget it!!! feel like everyone is shooting down something i thought would be really nice, and its hurting me :(

its a lovely idea and i would be up for it, and if you need any help organising count me in hun, organising something like this can get a bit difficult trying to meet everyones needs, so if it gets too much then its ok to back out too. whatever its a really lovely idea and lovely that you are offering to help organise it xx

in principle i'd be way up for it

sadly in practice i know i would back out at the last minute and prolly let ppls down...

but... never know :) xxx

The last idea for a meeting was in Blackpool, but it fizzled out and never happened: http://www.mentalhea...ip-to-blackpool.

well obv it wouldnt be at someones house, there couldnt be hundreds of us at someone house! i meant like hire out a travel lodge or something.

i think by location, toastie meant where in the country!

you know what it was prob a bad idea anyway.... just forget it!!! feel like everyone is shooting down something i thought would be really nice, and its hurting me :(

You say its hurting you, but I am slightly hurt the tone of your replies also. I am just trying to offer constructive comments. I know location means where in the country and I was trying to suggest narrowing down the search to places near railway stations. And you say that its obvious it couldn't be at someone's house, I don't think it was that obvious.... otherwise I'd not say it!

I know you don't mean any harm, purpley. I am not trying to shoot it down though, I think its a great idea!

I think its a lovely idea. i dont think i could go coz of my health but maybe you could post pics of it? if anyone doesnt want there photo on the internet you could always post pics of the hotel or wherever you stay and the food and maybe your clothes and anything you like really

I am up for it BUT I am also not up for it, If it goes ahead and we know who is going ect, Then I'll work out if I'll come or not...

i think i would be up for it depends where it is and my money situ at the time ... and if i'd have to stay over the night ... but if you need a hand chucki D then i volenteer hunnie xox

wouldnt having local meetups be better first? then distance isnt as hard for people and there not going to totaly unknown areas.

and its smaller for people like me who are scared of lots of groups of people

I think it is a great idea, I would love to meet people here, whether I would turn up is another matter, but I would try.

Some people are already throwing their toys out of the bloody pushchairs BEFORE it is for defo on this post...

I think if people want to do a meet up than, First off I think we need to have about 3 or 4 people who will DEFO go to this meet up, And won't back out at the last minutes... Then you find out where you all live of the people who DEFO will go, Try and find some where, Where it is not to far too travel for them, Some one cheap-ish but nice...

Then throw that idea back in on this post and people who have said maybe's or yes but not sure if I'll back out ect, And see what they say and so on like with the dates ect ect and if some people want to stay over night, So they can go out at night...

P.s if you have 3 or 4 DEFO people who will go, You know you won't turn up and no one comes and your leave on your own...

Not sure if that make's sense but hey ho, I get what I mean <_<:masked:<_< ...

Archived