Mental Health Forums

Ideas For A Meet Up... Would You Be Up For It?

purple-chick

Would Birmingham be best place then? All meeting kinda sorta halfway? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Birmingham would be great for me, I can hop on the train. And there are plenty of places to meet there.

im in kent so anywhere up north would mean me travelling but thats fine with me as long as i have plenty of notice to arrange childcare.

Purpley- if ur still happy to organise i will help x

I used to be part of a support forum for an illness i have and its hard to set up one place for all, so soz if this has already been suggested (havent read all the replies) but perhaps there could be several meet up on different dates in diffeerent places, i knw tho that this takes alot of organising and commitment.

i guess there needs to be a person that is willing to set it up and organise it, take time tho so be patient everyone, maybe some one needs to be a designated leader ??? im not offering btw just suggesting LOL

When you decide when and where let me know. I'm interested but of course can't give 100% commitment until the details are set. xxxxx

Well we have had Bham and Leicester, Any where else any one can think of??? Because if we have 3 maybe or is two okay??? We could make a new post and put a poll on it and see which one get's more votes :unsure: ??? ... Then once we have a place where this meet might happen, We can start sorting out things and giving people the time to save and get childcare ect ect ect...

Just a thought...

So Bham, Leicester and London... They is 3 now, So yeah PURPLE GET YOUR ARSE BACK ON HERE Please :), So we can all work it out ...

all i'm gonna say is i think yall should drop this for now its a great idea but do u really know who's on the otherside of a keyboard. loads of people i'd love to meet here but cumon this is a site anyone can join n read this - now i know i just scared the crap outta everyone but ur my friends and i think safety first.

all i'm gonna say is i think yall should drop this for now its a great idea but do u really know who's on the otherside of a keyboard. loads of people i'd love to meet here but cumon this is a site anyone can join n read this - now i know i just scared the crap outta everyone but ur my friends and i think safety first.

Hey Jade, I am not sure what is happening with you right now, But if this day go ahead then a lot of detils about where the meet will be ect would be through email or PM's, So we're safe and make sure we all speak on the phone maybe with everyone who is going, So we know they're who they say they're o.O, If that makes sense :blink: ... I don't mean like purple has to speak to everyone ect, Just you know say I go I'll speak to some one else who is coming to know I am real...

God I am making no sense o.O, I can tell I haven't been sleep :blink: ...

I just wanna add some thing about this meet up idea, Now I know some people on here have child/childrens... And if people want to come who have child/childrens but are struggling to find some one to look after them, And the people really wants to come to the meet up, Would people be okay with having childrens there??? Or would people not want that??? Or the people with children wouldn't want to bring them???

I am fine with having kid's joining in with the meet up, I mean we could go to a park if it a nice day, So the kid's have a super day as well as everyone else who comes... I don't want any one feeling like they can't come because they can't find any one to look after their little one's...

JUST AN IDEA!!! Putting myself out there with it!!!

All I am trying to say is I would have NO problem at all, With kid's coming aswel...

Aw thanks for that Dice. i probably wont bring my littleun just due to wherever we meet up would involve quite a bit of travelling for me and she is only little. I would have no issue with kids being there either. x

so effectivly what your saying is you cna come if we want you to? if not then you wont get an invite or the lcoation. thats friendly isnt it

oh and loving the neg rep for the idea of smaller localised meetups ofr those who cant travel long distances. realy nice that.

so effectivly what your saying is you cna come if we want you to? if not then you wont get an invite or the lcoation. thats friendly isnt it

Confused as to where you've got this from....

oh and loving the neg rep for the idea of smaller localised meetups ofr those who cant travel long distances. realy nice that.

Look if your just going to pick at everything and things, Then leave this post alone, Okay!!!

And we're NOT saying that, We're saying if we know who is coming or who might come, When we sort about dates and where it will be, Then that will be done the rest off the forum, Between us all, For our own safe'd, But if people want to come after we stopped talking about it on here, They're more than welcome to join!!!...

I am making no sense, I am tired, Pissed off and yeah I feel like I am getting over, So for god sake PURPLE come back and sort this all out please...

Hey Jade, I am not sure what is happening with you right now, But if this day go ahead then a lot of detils about where the meet will be ect would be through email or PM's, So we're safe and make sure we all speak on the phone maybe with everyone who is going, So we know they're who they say they're o.O, If that makes sense :blink: ... I don't mean like purple has to speak to everyone ect, Just you know say I go I'll speak to some one else who is coming to know I am real...

that reads like its going to be a you can come if "we" are ok with it. and we have checked up on you to make sure its acceptable then you will know whats going on.

it could just be that the way its worded is less than perfect,

that reads like its going to be a you can come if "we" are ok with it. and we have checked up on you to make sure its acceptable then you will know whats going on.

Whatever Paul!!! It is how I write!!! I can't say who can and can't come!!! So I give up on this post!!! Fuck it!!! I am tired, Pissed off now, So fuck it!!! I try and put some idea's into the mix and now I am being told, People can only come if " We " are okay with it!!! Sod you... I am not worsting MY time on you or this post any more!!!

Seems you're well and truly on the defensive, Paul.... I read that as meaning - instead of all the details being on the forums where anyone can join and on the same day access the info - which could pose a risk to our safety - it will be sorted in private so the details aren't made public for anyone who may be wanting to cause trouble - you yourself surely know how many trolls we get on here and the damage they can cause - to read and decide to come along. Nothing to do with who "we" want there, etc. The phone thing, I took it as Dice saying it as a way to go some way to reassuring people that we aren't malicious etc, that eg, that i've said here i'm female, and to hear my voice on the phone would reassure that I actually am.... That kind of thing. Reassurance for people who may be nervous and unsure, i think, is the point that was being made

Another option, perhaps, would be for it to be in a post in the supporters section.... But i'm aware that there are members who aren't sponsors who would really love to meet up.... So it would be a case of people relaying info to and from them another way....

Paul, I think its perfectly obvious what Dice meant. Please don't try to nit pit, and spoil what is a lovely idea. I'm sure you are as welcome as anyone else, but you wont be if you carry on being so negative. If you try and be more positive you will not feel so ostracised, and will feel better about yourself.

Dice, you are doing a fantastic job in Purpley's absence. I would love to be involved in the day, but I am very anxious about meeting people, and I think maybe you will all feel I'm too old. I liked the London suggestion, cos it wouldnt be far for me to travel.

Maybe a picnic in the park would be an idea? (with an alternative venue for bad weather), so people could bring their kids easily. I personally would prefer a daytime meet, cos I feel its someohow less intimidating. xx

crippie.

thats a reasonable way of saying it. and understandable given the way you said it.

i personaly feel that its either out there for all regarldess or done just as a mates invite thing.

its not like its a night time meet up, its not like your planning choosing a place inthe middle of nowhere its daylight somewhere semi busy. yes there are those who would feel nervouse but at the same time there are alot mroe who wouldnt bother tryingt o find out if its a private thing.

the thought process will be im not wanted im not invited why ask.

to be honest i wouldnt feel happy giving my contact details out to be "checked" that i am who and what i say i am.

something i have known done at variouse events like this is a "meet and greet" phone service. to allow people to call it when the arrive outside the venue and then somone comes out to meet them and come in with them so they arnt alone.

another thing is a marker on the table which is known to the ones going but noone else.

such as a cuddly toy, a map/A to Z something which can be looked for but isnt known.

are you paranoid paul c, that u wont be invited? the way you are going, and u might not like this, but hey ho, you havet held back with your thoughts, so, they way you are carrying on, bitchin ova everything, why would we want you there?

nobody has said u cant come, nobody has made final plans, u have not been left out, you are paranoid and defensive, and i personally do not want to meet you!!

dont care if u think im being harsh, you have been winding people up now for days....

do urself a favour and move along, or simply grow up.

oh and by the way, why would YOU want to meet us cliquey bullies?

having your opinion and disagreeing with someone is not bullying. You make it so in your own mind.

Archived