Mental Health Forums

Ideas For A Meet Up... Would You Be Up For It?

purple-chick

Dice, you are doing a fantastic job in Purpley's absence. I would love to be involved in the day, but I am very anxious about meeting people, and I think maybe you will all feel I'm too old. I liked the London suggestion, cos it wouldnt be far for me to travel.

Hiya Kalico. My head is slowly turning to mush atm, (cheers, meds!) Just a quick reply from me... I agree with you that Dice is doing great, I really think so too. As for you being involved - that would be great! no one would feel or think you are too old! You're a valued member of this forum, and I for one would really like the opportunity to get to meet you.

xxx

sorry hun, hope it's a good cry though. only speaking to truth as i see it x

are you paranoid paul c, that u wont be invited? the way you are going, and u might not like this, but hey ho, you havet held back with your thoughts, so, they way you are carrying on, bitchin ova everything, why would we want you there?

nobody has said u cant come, nobody has made final plans, u have not been left out, you are paranoid and defensive, and i personally do not want to meet you!!

dont care if u think im being harsh, you have been winding people up now for days....

do urself a favour and move along, or simply grow up.

oh and by the way, why would YOU want to meet us cliquey bullies?

having your opinion and disagreeing with someone is not bullying. You make it so in your own mind.

Well i am just stuck for words,What a horrible thing to say.

Give it a rest with the bickering and nitpicking the lot of you ....Seriously.

Pity you didn't appear earlier when the others were having ago at eachother :rolleyes:

Hi *morning all*

I'd really like to go. I rem Sah posting that she is at her best when she travels, and i am like that too. I went to the UK alone in 07 \& 08, so I reckon I would be grand.

I don't mind where it is as long as its near enuff or on a bus route to the major airports in the UK.

It would be really cool to have something to 'look forward too". And to save for.

My r/l bpd friend is in hossy atm so i will be talking to her later, she went over (to birmingham i think) to meet her friends off a (self-harm) forum, and it went really well.

I look on youse as my friends. I think a meet up could be a really positive thing for everyone.

Fair play dice helping to organise it aswell as purpley. Maybe Joshua could give us some tips/ info on the last meet up aswell?

Thanks dudes, a poll would be a good idea dice. (((ppls)) xx am

I'd just like to make a point about children. I think that bringing children along should be discouraged. The thing is, you don't really know people that you only speak to over the internet, and I think its unethical to risk the safety of children by bringing them to an event which consists of people who have met each other on a mental health site.

This isn't intended to be a criticism of any one person, its just I'd not bring my own children to such an event. If I'd met the people first, then that might be different.

I think it's a good idea about everyone proving who they are, why don't a few people voice/text chat on Skype etc just so we know that everyone is who they say they are... might be easier than having to PM about

birmingham - leicester are fine

or go for the middle - DERBY or BURTON

and i'm only saying this cos then I dont have to travel

Though that said, I'm less inclined to go having seen the arguments going on on this thread

Though that said, I'm less inclined to go having seen the arguments going on on this thread

Why don't we all meet at a paintball shooting place? Then we can solve our arguments :lol: .

i bruise too easily for paintball! that said, i dont have an argument to sort with anyone so i can just watch

Roses- Purpley was but she hasn't been back on here for a bit. im happy to try to get things sorted if she wants a break from it. i know she hadnt been feeling too well. is anyone in close contact with her? x

Hi,

I am up for birmingham or even leicster. I looked online and could find double/ twin, double x 2 beds in room- in leisceter in a really nice hotel for £35 per night. The earlier we decide a date & place, the cheaper the accom we could get. Also i'd like to have a date set so i can book a flight, as the earlier i can book the cheaper it is.

I want to go anyway. As regards dates, i am flexible. What bout you guys?

Was looking back at posts from 05 when there was a bpdworld conference in a hotel for a weekend.

Joshua, would you be interested in having/ hosting another one of those?

Best wishes all, xx am

the whole hotel weekend thing is expensive

the best meets ive been on are take somthing to eat and sit and chat if you wan tto buy a coffe etc thats fine

leics london birmingham all fine for me

what about a weekend day in aug??

Lucy

the whole hotel weekend thing is expensive

the best meets ive been on are take somthing to eat and sit and chat if you wan tto buy a coffe etc thats fine

leics london birmingham all fine for me

what about a weekend day in aug??

Lucy

Sounds great!

Saturday is the best day for a meet - its usually more convenient for working people, most places are open, and transport is fine.

The Saturdays in August are: 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th. At this moment, I could make any of those days.

Oh well,

Not worth flying to the UK for a Saturday afternoon.

I best leave this thread alone and let yous get on with it then.

best wishes am xx

Can someone please say they will arrange this or start to? seem to be going round and round in circles. i'll need to book a hotel where ever we meet if its not london. Badkitteh think u should still come. x

Oh well,

best wishes am xx

hey hun, I'd be most likely to go to one if it was in London, as I feel confident getting there and back (would be travelling by coach) So i would have to be staying overnight, possibly even going to london for 2\3 days as is 7 hours journey each way for me. There wouldn't be a way for me to travel down for one day, so even if there are a few who are closer who are up for travelling for the day, I'm sure there'd be people who are travelling longer distances who would be staying there longer as you and I would.

xxx

Can someone please say they will arrange this or start to? seem to be going round and round in circles. i'll need to book a hotel where ever we meet if its not london.

I don't think one person alone can organise this - a couple of people have suggested a committee and I think that is what is required - a small group of people.

There are various questions to be asked:

What - is it an all day thing? A weekend thing? in a pub or hotel or cafe or other type of venue?

When - the day

Where - London, Birmingham, Derby, and Leicester have all been suggested.

Who - its ok for people to express an interest, but eventually people have to commit to it for definite because otherwise it won't work.

And that leaves another question.... is it open to everyone? Or is it up to the organisers to decide who can go? I have had disagreements with quite a few members of this site, but I've got no problem meeting up with anyone, I don't bear grudges and I think when people are in person its different anyway.

I don't think we can look to Josh to help us since his BPDWORLD charity no longer exists.

Oh well,

best wishes am xx

no i made a suggetion if that dosnt work for you suggest somthing else

prehaps people coming from further away could meet earlier i cannot do more than a day but other people can :0)

Archived