Mental Health Forums

Ideas For A Meet Up... Would You Be Up For It?

purple-chick

I'm actually going to bow out as well, I have a lot of stress around at home at the moment with the kitchen/bathroom and all that and I'm going into respite soon as well and then it'll be the summer holidays before you know it. Sorry x

This is a great idea!!!! Location location location.... where does everyone live and then look for somewhere that would be the same for most to get to.

I live in Luton Bedfordshire Purpley_Dudette what is your location?

Keep going with the idea xox

has purpley been back on this thread yet? i think it is a great idea for members to meet up but as location seems to be an ongoing debate then why dont you do what was suggested earlier on and do little meet ups in places that will suit all. like you could do one up north one down south and one central??? it would make travelling times shorter for some.

i would love to meet you all from here but i know i wont :(

has purpley been back on this thread yet? i think it is a great idea for members to meet up but as location seems to be an ongoing debate then why dont you do what was suggested earlier on and do little meet ups in places that will suit all. like you could do one up north one down south and one central??? it would make travelling times shorter for some.

i would love to meet you all from here but i know i wont :(

I think one of the issues is: numbers. This looks like a large site, but in reality there are only around 300 active members. And, most of these won't come to any meet-up. So, we might find we only get 20-30 people to a national (UK) meet-up. If we did regional ones some of them would have hardly anyone turning up. And if there is a meet-up with only around 5 people, it can be awkward, particularly if people are anxious or lack social skills (and many here fall into that category).

Also, there is another topic about meet-ups here:

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/65969-london-meet-up

• 2 weeks later...

sorry i deserted the forum guys, there were a number of reasons for it, primarily though was cos im very unwell xx

Archived