Mental Health Forums

Woohoo!

toaster

so most of u know that i have been overweight and anorexic. i went from a size 20 to a size 4, but it was all done thru drug abuse and starvation.

since getting with pie (:blink:) and become more content and stopped the drugs i have put weight on. NOT HAPPY! i'm not overweight, just at the top end of my allowed weight range.

pie and i started slimming world last week. i was very sceptical even though i had heard other peoples accounts of their weight loss on the plan. i just couldnt comprehend that you can stuff ya face yet still lose weight. this is my 'all or nothing' thinking, i know.

this week, i have eaten lots of healthy stuffs....fruit,veg, pasta , potatoes etc. i also had 40 syns in one day :o bloody chocolate biscuits in work.

anyway have been for weigh in this week .... standing at those scales just before being weighed i was totally aware of EVERY INCH OF MY BODY.

I LOST 3 AND A HALF LBS!

i spoke in the group and said how happy i was that i have eaten properly this week yet still managed to lose.

also (this is gross lol) i havent taken any laxatives for weeks now...i was proper bunged up :blink: but this wk has been easier lol, cuz im EATING PROPERLY!.

i know i may have bad times still and want to revert back to old habits and i have a lot of negative thinking to undo. but i am on the right path

:D

omg that is really good :) 40!!!! syns and you still lost!!!!!! i think i feel a bit of jealousy coming on :P

toasty bits ur doing awesome all around n i did weigh watchers but they found out i was ana/mia n kicked me out hehe but i learned from them n i'll add u have to give urself healthy sweets or u'll go off ur diet eventually i like choccy wheatabix with greek youghurt in the evening as my treat n high in fiber don't gcut out healthy fats like olive oil/ benecol/ soy not too much red meat but too much soy can lead to breast cancer if ur prone oh n natural penut butter on celery yum yum do i see ants on it :o nooo those r sultans! :P u 2 r great for eachother well done :lol: :D

jades, if u wanna do something, try slimming world. i half starved on weight watchers, hated it. with slimming world, we called the group leader first and i spoke to her and told her all about my ED. its not necessarily a diet but a life style change. they promote healthy eating BUT its ok to eat some of what ya fancy. it really is worth having a look. im finding, even though its only my second week, that the group support is the main thing. and its not about calorie counting and how much fat.

thanks toasty bits marc is my slim world he sorted my head when i moved here n taught me to want to cook he loves jamie oliver and as much as he comes off as a wanker he is great n so is my man xxx

Well Done Toaster that is amazing, really proud of you.

My sister swears by Slimming world and has even started weekly challenges in her group such as "try 3 new foods this week" or "Bring your favourite recipie to the next meeting" to keep everyone motivated. She has gone from a UK size 18 to a UK size 12 and is now on the list fora tummy tuck as she can't regain muscle tone in her stomach after having 3 major stomach surgeries (2 c-sections), they wanted her to get to a particular weight before they would put her on the list and she did it in just under a year using slimming world and Wii personal trainer.

Hiya ((Toast))

That is very inspiring stuff. Well done you. And well done on the loss while eating properly.

We don't have slimming world in eire .... (googles- uh, doh, one down the road!!!)

OK, i went to ww and didn't like the focus on their 'branded food' etc.

I shall def check out slimmingworld.ie, I am the same as you- top end bmi in 'normal' but there is still some chub i hate, and of course i would love to learn how to eat properly & healthily (as one feels so much better) without gaining.

Thanks or the heads up. xxxx hugs, a.m xxx

defo give it a go, AM. the group is amazing and ur all in the same boat and they welcome ppls with EDs :)

lost another 2lb this week :D so that 5 and a half lb so far. half a stone next week and i get me shiny sticker :D

• 3 weeks later...

so this week i lost 3lb! i have lost 8lbs over all - this wk i got me half a stone sticker :D i also got slimmer of the week :D each week, members are asked to bring in a healthy piece of food an we put it all in the basket an slimmer of the week gets the basket :)

it feels really good to know i have to eat certain food to MAKE me lose weight - the more certain foods i eat, the more weight i lose...this is a first for me :)

pie has lost 12lbs altogether! she lost a lb and a half this week - i am very proud of her :)

Well done Toast - you are such a star and an inspiration.

BD - your sister has done so good - need to take a leaf out of her book and move my fat ass..............

Maddie

Archived