Mental Health Forums

Ocd?

Bell87

I thought for a while that I had depression because I wouldn't get out of bed and I would cry all the time and be hyper sensitive to things people said to me. But I have also have been having horrible intrusive thoughts for the past few months everyday. Sometimes its worse then others and the more I try not to think of it the more I do think of it and the more detailed the thoughts/images become. So after searching here and other forums, I am thinking now that its more likely OCD then depression because the bad thoughts etc are the reason I feel down and bad about myself.

I have spoken to two best friends about this, none of us are doctors so cant really say what it is or why its happening. The first friend just kind of brushed it off saying that I didnt have compulsions so its not OCD. The second friend has had an eating disorder so she understands mental heatlh issues more but she said I have to much time on my hands to think about everything and I just need to get out of the house and do things. Thats true, I have no job at the moment and I do have to much time to think but I am scared of going out because the thoughts get worse sometimes if I am out. If I am at home in my room away from people I can go onto my laptop and kind of block it out.

I am so scared I dont know what to do, both say I don't need to go to the GP I just need to "stop giving into myself" and "get up and do something". I feel like no one is listening to me and if they do they think I am making this up. Then I think "Am I making it up?" "I am just mental and should be kept away from everyone". The images and thoughts are bad, I have them everyday most of the day until I fall asleep. Can anyone tell me if they are feeling the same????

Hi I have had intrusive thoughts before. At one point they were really bad and so horrible I couldn't tell anyone. I'm not sure if it's OCD or what but a person who can help you is your doctor. I don't think your friends are being particularly helpful saying that you shouldn't see the doc and just to pull yourself together - if we could we would, right? It's not exactly a barrel of laughs feeling the way you do and I'm sure you feel guilty enough as it is. I would go and see your GP and explain about low mood and thoughts and see what they say. Take care.

Hi I have had intrusive thoughts before. At one point they were really bad and so horrible I couldn't tell anyone. I'm not sure if it's OCD or what but a person who can help you is your doctor. I don't think your friends are being particularly helpful saying that you shouldn't see the doc and just to pull yourself together - if we could we would, right? It's not exactly a barrel of laughs feeling the way you do and I'm sure you feel guilty enough as it is. I would go and see your GP and explain about low mood and thoughts and see what they say. Take care.

Thanks for replying, oh my god I feel so guilty and horrible and like I am a bad person! I just dont know what I am going to do. If I do go to my doctor I dont even know how I would explain any of it to her. I just want it all to go away :(

Thanks again for your support :) xx

sorry u r having these thoughts

i have OCD , to do with numbers and words and clicks of my throat an some other stuff, so i know what it is like to have obsessive thoughts.

ur friends sound insensitive but i think they have a point, they could have worded it differently and supported you more. i dont agree with the not going to the gp thing. thats entirely ur choice and if u feel u need help then u r well within ur rights to do so!

what i have learnt is that if u try everything in ur power to help urself but then u r still having the thoughts, then ppl (in this case, ur friends) cant say anything negative to u.

i know its tempting to hide away in ur bedroom on the laptop - i did that for 2 years. and in that 2 years i had too much time for myself, too much time to think, too much time in general. it wasnt easy going back into the real world. i have social anxiety and all that so it was terrifying. but i can honestly say that the intrusive thoughts are less for me now. im too bloody busy most of the time. im actually dreading being off college because of the trouble i can get myself into, too much time...

ive totally waffled im sorry

hope ur ok

toast xx

sorry u r having these thoughts

i have OCD , to do with numbers and words and clicks of my throat an some other stuff, so i know what it is like to have obsessive thoughts.

ur friends sound insensitive but i think they have a point, they could have worded it differently and supported you more. i dont agree with the not going to the gp thing. thats entirely ur choice and if u feel u need help then u r well within ur rights to do so!

what i have learnt is that if u try everything in ur power to help urself but then u r still having the thoughts, then ppl (in this case, ur friends) cant say anything negative to u.

i know its tempting to hide away in ur bedroom on the laptop - i did that for 2 years. and in that 2 years i had too much time for myself, too much time to think, too much time in general. it wasnt easy going back into the real world. i have social anxiety and all that so it was terrifying. but i can honestly say that the intrusive thoughts are less for me now. im too bloody busy most of the time. im actually dreading being off college because of the trouble i can get myself into, too much time...

ive totally waffled im sorry

hope ur ok

toast xx

No toast not waffled at all, its do good to hear from other people! I thought I was alone the only one in the whole world who felt like this, its really disturbing sometimes I am doing my best to cope with it all as its only been happening past couple of months. I will give it another while and see if I can change it myself by getting out more, going to bed at a resonable hour etc, if that doesnt help I think I will have to go to the doctor but just posting here and knowing I am not alone in this is a great help to me. Thank god for the net :)

Bell xxxx

Archived