Mental Health Forums

Going Into Respite

Roses

I am really happy to read this thread, I think this is exactly what you have been needing. Relax, rest up.

Love,

Sah

To go into respite, rather than be taken to hospital is so very empowering. I am quite jealous. Use your time wisely, and try not to do too much. Hope all goes well for you xx

Sorry I didn't see this as ive not been on for a week.

I hope you get some rest hun.

you know how to get me if you need me,

look after yourself and take care.

Thank you so much everyone. Mike came and got me and took me home for a few hours but unfortunately we kinda had words and I got really upset. Still feeling really tearful but am back at respite and trying to relax again. Thanks so much for all your well wishes. Think I'[m going to go veg and watch crap on TV in a bit xxx

Rose, I've only just seen this topic due to me not being online for a few days and then being all over the shop myself, I do apologise.

I'm sorry your visit home was emotional and you're upset now, but am glad to hear that you're trying to relax and that you have some idea of how to go about that. I think vegging out in front of the tv sounds like a good plan, and I really hope that these icky feelings pass for you.

Something else I want to pick up on that you mentioned a few posts back, was that you feel safe there. Reading that brought tears to my eyes, I'm just so relieved for you.

It's kind of the staff to offer use of the old shower, and that you have your own little kitchen sounds really good too.

Did you get your hair dyed, and what about the quiche?

It seems to be just what you need babe, and without wanting to sound patronising, I'm really proud of you for going there, I really hope it continues to do you good. You certainly do deserve a break after all the hard work you've been doing over this past while - physically with the house but also mentally and emotionally. Know you've had a tough time of things, and oh there I go again with my tears! haha, am just so relieved that you are getting this support.

lots of love and hugs to you, will be lighting a candle for you tonight - think you'd like it, will try get a pic at some point - it's a deep swirled purple colour with silver stars and cresent moons set into it, can't remember what the scent is, but it's advertised on the little card that came with it as a candle for Courage and Stability. Anyway, enough from me for now!

xxxxxxx

I'm so glad respite is such a positive experience for you. it sounds amazing. i'm sorry going home didnt work so well, it must be hard having to go back without having time to try to work through it. i hope ppl are being understanding and supportive about that or giving you space, whatever you need xxx

Thanks for the support everyone xxxxx

Crip, such beautiful words thank you, me and Mike are fine now, just me and him being a bit niggly is all. What I'm struggling with a bit is that now I have time to relax, I have time to think. I mean all the work I've been doing is for a reason I guess - to stop me thinking and now, well it's kind of hitting me sideways a bit. I really do still feel very bitter that my OD didn't work in Jan and struggle daily with a reason to do anything really. I guess I just need to give myself space to heal but it's so hard. I don't really know how. And I'm STILL waiting to hear from the PD hub, the list seems to get longer and longer and it feels like nothing will ever change.

Archived