Mental Health Forums

Lost Over A Stone In Two Months

Fuck-My-Life

I wasnt sure where to place this, but as it is weight related, thought it would be better here.

I was 10st, and am 5ft6. I am now down to around 9st and the weight is still falling..

At 15, I nearly developed anoxeria. My weight plummeted, and the guidance teachers at school wanted me sit in front of them at lunchtime and eat my packed lunch.

Weight has never been an issue for me, up until recent events (bar that time).

So I have probably lost weight due to alot of manual work on placement, stress and skipping meals/eating loads of fruit and low cal stuff, but I actually am now getting a kick out of it..

I used to be horrified when I saw how boney I was in a pic that was taken... my arms were so thin, you could snap them in half. Now, I keep thinking, I want to get that thin again.. out of punishment for everything thats happened to me recently.

I have just been eating fruit for lunch, or WeightWatchers meals. Really do hate myself..

It doesn't sound like you have an eating disorder, so please start eating more healthily, if you've always been slim then that's just your build, and if the weight is falling off for not so much a good reason have your thyroid checked. You really don't want an ED because it will destroy everything, trust someone who knows.

I use food, or lack of, to comfort myself, punish myself and i can binge eat in the same way that others binge drink, i can also starve myself. the worse i feel, the less i eat, if i really hate myself then food is not allowed. anyone can be temporarily too busy to eat but they usually sort it out once they realise it and if you have a healthy relationship with hunger and food then you will too, 9st is not too thin. If you use food like i do or feel you want to control exactly what you eat and when you eat it regardless of when you're hungry, you could have an eating disorder or the risk of developing one. I have never been too thin, I am usually overweight in fact, but I do suffer with massive food control issues and can gain or lose a stone in as little as a week- 10 days. If you are worried, it does no harm to have a chat with your doctor, good luck.

So I have probably lost weight due to alot of manual work on placement, stress and skipping meals/eating loads of fruit and low cal stuff, but I actually am now getting a kick out of it..

Checked out your BMI (body mass index ) and you aren't over or under weight. You have contradicted yourself saying you get a kick out of it. To me in fairness this reads like one little girl showing off about her weight loss and that is not a nice thing to do when you admit you don't have an eating disorder but know that some folk reading this do suffer with this type of illness.

9stone is about average,I should be about between 9 and 10 stone myself so i wouldn't worry.sounds like you are being a little dramatic.

It's frightening when you've had that brush with your weight in the past but you've identified that you haven't got a problem currently yourself.

Eating healthily with fruit and watching weight isn't a sin, or if it is we're all guilty - it's also okay to feel good about loosing weight.

However just keep a check on yourself - remember if you've lost a bit recently your perfectly entitled to nice big meal now and again.

Just keep positive and don't worry too much over it (: xx

• 3 weeks later...

People please be mindful of what you post here,calling someone dramatic or a little girl borders on personal attack and is not allowed.

I wonder if you do have a problem hun,getting a kick out of it can be a sign its becoming an obsession.

Lily

• 3 months later...

Hey there FML,

Be really damn careful mate, these thoughts and feelings are just the start of EDs and I know because mine crept up on me and engulfed me before I knew it. You mentioned punishing yourself- EDs can be a bit like self harm really.

It's good that you've been eating healthily-keep going with this! I'm 5foot 6 and also weigh 9 stone!

My thoughts go out to you

Rufusmoo x

I think some of the things written on here are really mean and dangerous to say.... Eds are not always about weight ive been anorexic and way under weight but ive also been bulumic and at a normal weight but that felt like the worst time the ed had control over me. Its a thinking disordered thinking and it can start from anywere. I wish you well and hope you can change your mineset and look after yourself so not to fall into dangerous patterns that could lead you down a slippery rd.

your at my height and 9 stone is healthy weight for our height , just thought u should unfornately im now 13 stone 12 according nurse practioner notes so i need to loose alot still.

I agree that it's something to have an awareness of - at the moment it may not be a major problem, but small things like this can quickly spiral if you don't talk to people about it. I think you did the right thing in bringing it to the forum, at the very least...

Take care you.

Kx

Archived