Mental Health Forums

I Am So Ashamed!

autism-bpd

I have not been diagnosed, but have a Binge Eating problem. I am not eating becaue I am hungry, I am eating because i need to eat.

I find it uncontrollable and a huge problem and its happening alot because i am feeling pretty low in myself.

I eat too much and all the wrong foods even when i have the flu and feeling sick

Eat in secret- bedroom stashed away with chocolate, and crisps, and sweets- eaten all in one day

I even eat take aways when im in town, and i find a space and hide away where no one can see me, then i cook dinner at home is well

and feeling guilty im eating so much, i want to loose weight.

This has been a problem for 7 months.

I have weighed myself today and it shows all the weight i lost with all my lactofree diets when were intolerant, and also eating healthy that helped me loose weight ive regained it all back on but far too much.

I checked my BMI, and now it saying I am obese

:bigarmhug[1]:

Am having the same problem. And am really struggling to find anyone who will offer me help, other than telling me I need to diet and exercise. :(

It's so disheartening because if we were too thin and not eating enough they'd be falling over themselves to help.

Maybe you could give your GP a try? It would be somewhere to start anyways.

Otherwise I don't know what else to tell you, just wanted you to know I am the same way. And it really, really f*cking sucks.

Binge eating is a horrible thing to deal with, although I'm anorexic I know what it's like to binge eat...

BUT don't think that if you're underweight and not eating that people rush to help you, it took YEARS before I was given any treatment. Thing is there isn't enough money going towards ED outpatient places. Or inpatient either. One thing I can say is that it's a thing of habbit, and that is what you need to focus on is changing the habbit, do something to stop yourself eating in secret, yeah dieting might help, but only if you feel you can stick to a diet, and well, yes exercise is a key thing. I think the best thing would be to find something that you really enjoy doing, that makes you feel good to do when you feel the need to binge. Also go to your GP and see if you can get a dietician.

Hope I've been some hlep. Good luck x

i did try to warn my GP but she said i can do it on my own, I have tried and i have just failed. I have actually failed alot more that ive put on alot of weight bingeing. And its something i am struggling to change by myself. I were on a dieting programme but i just couldnt stick to it and i wont be able to stick to.

I have been wanting to talk about this too but felt it didn't count. Whenever I feel bad or have a problem I just eat then get to the stage when I start hiding and stashing food to eat in secret. That's when I know I have a problem and feel ashamed. But this is always when my depression is bad and it feels like the only comfort. But it starts to play on your mind because you know you have to get control back because it makes you feel even worse about yourself and I panic as I start to grow out of all of my clothes and hate how I look even more.

But when my depression is bad exercise and diet take more control than I have because I just don't care enough. So I suppose getting on top of the depression is the first thing...

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that, if you're like me, then maybe it is more about how you feel and self esteem so is this something you could talk to a counsellor or therapist about then try to tackle from there. Sorry this isn't much help. X

Forgot to say also, when you feel ready to tackle this, I would recommend Paul McKenna's book. It's not a diet as such but it really does work when you throw yourself totally into it and it's a much more positive way of losing weight. It's the only thing that ever really worked long term for me without all of the misery, although I realise that I am not the best recommendation right now.

Hey there

I can relate, flip. I have been both ends of the ED spectrum - overweight and underweight. I starve but binge as well. I have stashed food and have particular eating habits.

The thing is, you have said you were on a dieting programme and that you couldn't stick to it. I appreciate how difficult it is to follow a healthy diet. But what else would you like the doctor to do? It may be a good idea to have a think about how you would like them to help you and then maybe go back to them and show them you are determined to change. Until then, they won't help. I know this from experience. When I was anorexic, I went to the walk-in centre because I was feeling extremely unwell. They refused to help me, probably because they knew I didn't really have the motivation to change right then.

Take care

Toast xx

OK - could you write down for your doctor what you want to change, how you think you could do it and what support you feel you need to enable to do this?

I want to loose weight not put on weight

and i have tried cutting my food down, but really struggling but i am trying.

I want to at least stop eating take aways

I did try and cut down on chocolate and crisps but its not working, but i think the take aways are the biggest one i want to stop, and then the little ones such as chocolates, crisps and sweets. I know sweets make me feel sick.

i want to be able to eat healthy food without adding the other things on top of it, but then i want my mind to be trained to stop myself going to the shop and buying the food i dont need

Archived