Mental Health Forums

Facebook

pippab

I'm gonna tell you all a little secret! The people living the really cool lives, clubbing, travelling and living the dream life with masses of close friends and wonderful families, they don't go on facebook because they are living their lives!

I agree. A family friend moved a few provinces away to go live in the mountain area, and he'll post a random status every so often about how he's doing, but mostly not. I only know about whats going on by when people talk about him in front of me. otherwise, he's out doing it, not posting about it on facebook. alot of people have FB on their phone, too, which I think makes it easier to post about things that are happening.

I have alot of family on facebook, so I'll try to post status' that include my niece Chloe (age 2) so that they're kept up to date on how she's doing. I don't have FB on my phone, only on my shit computer that takes forever to load, so I only update it when I'm patient enough to deal with the computer haha. otherwise, I tell my close friends and family about what's happening.

to be honest, I notice more gossip than anything else on there.

as i have said in previous posts... i seem to have gone donhill very fast as far as depression is concerned (since xmas) my doc is doing his best to help me but is not happy to say wether i am just badly depressed and anxious or bipolar and anxious.... All these weird feeling and freakouts i have (like does anyone else get pissed off with all the happy facebook people) is just ME questioning ME and needing people to put my mind at ease i guess.... reading all the posts (even yours in the end badman..lol) i know i dont need to feel bad for feeling bad everyone is having fun and that the world still turns without me

thank you all x

Don't get me started on this subject lol

It is the worse thing ever invented IMO! I did have FB,It pissed me off rotten that i deleted my account,I was at a GIG the other night people were updating their status's on phones,I mean cum on WTF????? Are their lives that sad??????? It annoys me lol

Everywhere i go people talk about FB,I have to laugh at Jeremy kyle too he goes off on one when his guests talk about FB hahahaha..

As for peoples status's yeah it does piss us off,Don't mean to sound cruel but just stay the fuck away,People just like to brag or argue on it and i bet they lead sad and lonely lives really.

as i have said in previous posts... i seem to have gone donhill very fast as far as depression is concerned (since xmas) my doc is doing his best to help me but is not happy to say wether i am just badly depressed and anxious or bipolar and anxious.... All these weird feeling and freakouts i have (like does anyone else get pissed off with all the happy facebook people) is just ME questioning ME and needing people to put my mind at ease i guess.... reading all the posts (even yours in the end badman..lol) i know i dont need to feel bad for feeling bad everyone is having fun and that the world still turns without me

thank you all x

I know when you feel shitty all you see are happy people. Whenever something bad happens in life like you break up a relationship all you see are happy couples on the street and on TV, it is like God is shoving it in your face. Face book does shove a load of shit in your face.

It can be hard reading about how happy everyone else is on facebook when your so sad and lonely, I know the feeling well.

If you saw my facebook youd think im happy,thats because i only post the good stuff or little funny vids and such of my cats. They dont see im doing this mostly with laptop in bed curled up in ball of anxiety.I know a lot of my friends are the same,they dont post about what really goes on.

This might sound crazy but what helps me is to truly look at the good things in my life,they can be little things but they are there.

Lily

same as........... alsways post jokey stuff as my status (i even started a post on here about anyone knowing any funny status updates)

Kiwi.... whats 'lamebook?'

Lamebook is a website where people put up lame facebook posts they've seen. Similarly the STFU parents and couples websites are where people post stupid statuses friends have made on facebook regarding their relationship or children. Its kind of mean for friends to do, but funny to read.

YES! whenever I am feeling really bad I literally can't face looking on facebook - it makes me feel so terrible seeing people getting on, all the photos of great nights out which I couldnt go to because I've been a mess. You are definitely not alone!

Archived