Mental Health Forums

Finished Teaching Course

guntarded

Big achievement for me, previous years I was unable to complete masters' programmes because of ill physical and mental health. Started PGCE in September, family said I wouldn't be able to complete it.

Completed my PGCE today, with a Grade 1 - and my assignments were given an "excellent" mark. So next Monday to London as an official teacher.

Very happy.

well done matey - you must be soo chuffed. It took me 4 years to pass my post grad HR degree after my ex said i coulcn't achieve anything - was hard going and at times would of been so easy to give up but like you persevered and got the result.

Party time for you to celebrate

:party: :party: :party::jerry: :jerry:

Big achievement for me, previous years I was unable to complete masters' programmes because of ill physical and mental health. Started PGCE in September, family said I wouldn't be able to complete it.

Completed my PGCE today, with a Grade 1 - and my assignments were given an "excellent" mark. So next Monday to London as an official teacher.

Very happy.

Please make this a first a and don't be an arrogant know all teacher. The phrase "Those who can do and those who can't teach", has always been the case for me. My own school, my kids schools. Fucking idiots with no kids of their own and no idea of what they are doing.

Sorry mate I think I get a bit tricky when I think about teachers. Well done for your achievements, just remember the parents know their kids the best.

Very happy.

Please make this a first a and don't be an arrogant know all teacher. The phrase "Those who can do and those who can't teach", has always been the case for me. My own school, my kids schools. Fucking idiots with no kids of their own and no idea of what they are doing.

Sorry mate I think I get a bit tricky when I think about teachers. Well done for your achievements, just remember the parents know their kids the best.

I would consider this rude but you have shown yourself as the fatherly type so I respect you and all your opinions.

7 kids :o How do you cope with them all?

4 different mothers I don't live with any of them at the moment, one of my sons (all boys) just moved out and in with his girl. I said, you'll be back by fathers day!

4 different mothers I don't live with any of them at the moment, one of my sons (all boys) just moved out and in with his girl. I said, you'll be back by fathers day!

How old are they?Do you see them much?Do you pay for their upkeep?sorry if i am being nosey.

How old are they?Do you see them much?Do you pay for their upkeep?sorry if i am being nosey.

Typical woman yes you are being nosey. :) I think this thread is about someone else hunny, another time maybe!

Typical woman yes you are being nosey. :) I think this thread is about someone else hunny, another time maybe!

sorry.

Congratulations and welcome to the world of teaching.

Not the easiest of careers but can be one of the most rewarding. The hardest part is done, The PGCE is the hardest year for any teacher.

i ahve taught for 6 years and am happy to talk to you any time you like.

BDxxx

Very happy.

Hi Badman

I know this is someone elses thread but i do take slight offense at your post here. I admit that there are bad and know it all teachers out there, but to tar all teachers with the adage of "those that can do and those that can't teach" is really quite offensive.

i have taught for the last 6 years and put everything i have into it, do the everythig i can to get the best out of my students and hopefully make it so that they enjoy the lessons as well as learn. so much so that I made myself ill. I do think that parents do know their children best but I also think that it is nieve of some parents to believe everything that their child says at all times.

It is partly due to harrasment from parents that i am currently unwell. Going into school every morning to have emails from parents telling me that I am not doing my job properly and that i am not giving enough support to thier child despite giving up every free period i had, lunhtimes and after school everyday to give additional support and go over things with students who needed and wanted extra help.

in the past I have been told by parents that I am not doing my job properly because I am not teaching their child manners and it is my fault that thier child called me a fucking bitch for giveng them a detention for not handing in homework, It is not my job to teach manners! Nor is it acceptable in any other job to be sworn at constantly so why as a teacher should i accept this.

I chose to go into teaching because i wanted to not becuase i couldn't do anything else. if parents think that they can do a better job then me then home school. you wouldn't tell a Dr or and plumber how to do their job so why should I be told?

Sorry to hijack Guntard and for this turning into a rant but it does really annoy me when the profession i chose to do and is extreamly hard work is constantly shat on. Yeah we are not IN school during the holidays but this does not mean we are not working. MOst holidays are spent catching up on all the paper work and admin we are expected to do on top of teaching and jumping through hoops we have to do for governments. either that or planning lessons and creating resources in order to actually educate your children. I am not employed to provide riot control, referee fights, act as a verbal punching bag or as a social worker or cousellor, yet these are roles that i have to fulfill everyday

:mad0233:

I agree if one of my boys swears that is my and their mothers problem to solve. Last night I was tired and reading back quite arrogant in my response and I apologise for that. Teachers do get a rough deal mainly due to parents not taking their role. None of my boys would ever speak to a teacher in an aggressive way, I'm an ex serviceman and as such my boys all understand respect. I am a youth worker myself so I do work with disadvantaged kids and I see some of the neglect and crappy parenting, "here is a tenner piss off for a few hours" type.

A few incidents with teachers being very young without kids of their own combined with some of the issues that have come from schools in my youth work has left me with a tarnished view of the profession. But I was out of line of course you are not all bad and I am sorry for making a sweeping statement.

Thank you Roses! We both have so much happening with us!

Badman thank you for your response, I never said anything about how you feel, because I am aware of bad teachers out there...like in any profession there are good ones and bad ones. But you recognise that sweeping statements or generalised statements aren't good; I aim to be the best teacher I can be, its my one and only aim...to enable a learning environment where the students leave my classroom with more than they came in with, and also that they have enjoyed what they have learned.

Thank you Roses! We both have so much happening with us!

Badman thank you for your response, I never said anything about how you feel, because I am aware of bad teachers out there...like in any profession there are good ones and bad ones. But you recognise that sweeping statements or generalised statements aren't good; I aim to be the best teacher I can be, its my one and only aim...to enable a learning environment where the students leave my classroom with more than they came in with, and also that they have enjoyed what they have learned.

Good for you mate all the best with it.

Archived