Mental Health Forums

Bpd - Describe Your Meds

PlasticInsanity

Thanks to everyone who replied. :) I'm glad I'm prepared now that the meds aren't guaranteed to work, and me and the doc will have to work on a cocktail that's right for me. That probably sounds corny but at least I'm not holding hope for it to work right away, and I can remind myself after I start on them since I know I can be discouraged easily.

i might be a nerd, but I'm kind of excited to go on them. it means there's a chance of nixing out the depression, anxiety, paranoia and suicidal thoughts.

hey PlasticInsanity i just wondered what the outcome was of the discussion with your doctor on meds?

xx

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. My doc unfortunately wasn't able to prescribe anything, but I'm meeting with a psych at the Mental Health center in a couple of weeks so I have my fingers crossed, lol.

Imam not sure if there are meds for bppd but many with borderline have comorbid disorders like bipolar and depression and medication is good for those. Also a lot of doctors use seroquel to treat the mood instability of borderline off label

• 1 year later...

I have tried many types of meds and the consultant said i was rescillient too the drugs,so i said the only one that worked or felt that worked was the seroxat,so they put me back on them,only thing is now,

Hi I take venlafaxin 225 a day for depression and quietiapine as amood stabiliser for my daily rollercoaster moods! Seems to be working a couple of zombie ish days but body has adjusted fine! Crave chocolate big time :D

I take Zoloft/Stertraline 200mg which is an anti D for anxiety,I have way less panic attacks and less social anxiety,it doesnt seem to do all that much for my depressed moods.

For emergencies when I have a panic attack or some other meltdown I have 0,5 mg Xanax

Orap 2 mg anti P for obsessive worrying which doesnt fix it but certainly helps.

Hi I take venlafaxin 225 a day for depression and quietiapine as amood stabiliser for my daily rollercoaster moods! Seems to be working a couple of zombie ish days but body has adjusted fine! Crave chocolate big time :D

They took my off the seroxat to go on tbe 225 Vanafluxin,i had a hell of a time coming off of them,started taking the V and it did absolutely nothing for making me feel better,even gave me lithium to take at the same time.so i told them what i wanted in the end.

20mg fluoxetine (AD)

25mg atenolol (beta blocker for anxiety)

50mg quetiapine

still don't think it's completely right yet.... the dysphoria is still there in a big way

i am on olanzapene anti psycottic and clonazepam for my anxiety. I use to be on quitiapine but that stopped working so they had to switch me over to the olanzapene. I have been on most anti depressents at one time or another but i aint on one atm. I am also on zopiclone for sleep. Do i think my meds help?... Yes

I am on 200mg lamotrigine (lamictal) as a mood stabilizer

80 mg propranolol (beta blocker) so release for anxiety

50mg quetiapine (anti psychotic) for paranoia

The quetiapine knocks me out, the lamictal does help to stabilize my moods but i dont think the dosage is right yet and the proranolol did help when i first started taking it but my anxiety is still really bad.

these day

venlafaxine 225mg, lamotrogine 150mg or is it 300 I cant remember perhaps I should look and prescribed quetiapine 150mg but dont take it as too zombie like.

as with other people been on lots of different stuff.

on 1750mg of depakote mood stabiliser which has caused me to put on 7 stone

60mg prozac

275mg chlopromazine

yes the drugs work

• 3 weeks later...

I see many of you use anti-psychotics. That is sad. Those meds may be quite dangerous, so I would never advocate prescription of these substances.

I also see lots of different coctails. Antidepressants should not be combined in a frivilous way.

I've found lamotrigin to be quite good sedative even though that may be a bit unorthodox use of this med. MAOIs (moclobemid) may be awesome, or at least it was for me because it was inducing hypomania.

I take: 150mg of Setraline in the morning and a Diazepam and at night I take 7.5mg Zopiclone, a Diazepam and 300mg Trazadone.

Archived