Mental Health Forums

500 Hours Like A Boss!

Corpsewithpulse

OK... a bit of self-aggrandizing autofellatio here. I can't say that I'm super mega proud of myself and I still have a lot of issues concerning life and myself but over the last 500 hours, I've tried which is something in itself.

So let's see...

I haven't smoked for 500 hours like a boss. This is a 4 year record and if I last another 10 days, that'll be the longest I've gone since I was 18.

I haven't drank for 500 hours like a boss. This is already an adulthood record. I've been surrounded by lots of alcohol and have even bought drinks for mates whilst out without feeling even the slightest bit of temptation.

I have been cooking and eating healthily like a boss (5 a day, sufficient energy and only wholemeal bread and pasta).

Today, I finally hit 9st on my scales, like a boss. This is something I am proud of as it's been hard work all year considering I started off below 8st. It's the closest I've been to a healthy weight since the epic breakdown 2 years ago.

I've been exercising for, on average, one and a half hours a day 6 days a week and I'm always drenched in sweat afterwards, like a boss. I don't think I've ever been this dedicated to an exercise regime in my entire life.

I lost an important friendship. That's not good, in fact it made me very sad. But I'm coping with it a lot better than I used to. In the past, it would've been a great excuse to blame the world and it's dog before going off on a catastrophic bender but I dare say I've been very philosophical about it, like a boss.

I haven't gambled, like a boss. My last bet was about 503 hours ago with a friend. I had a pound on at 50/1 that I would be able to do a +200 mile coast to coast bike ride. I expect to collect my winnings next spring. My last "serious" bet was on the 20th of May.

I've been chipping away at my housing benefit debt like a boss. I will be fully clear by the end of this month which will make it easier to start looking for my own place again.

I even won a horse racing competition on another forum with my superior knowledge like a boss.

And for good measure, I found my favourite (and only) flatcap which has been missing all year. Have a guess how I found it... That's right. Like a fucking boss.

So I'm still generally unhappy with life and I have a lot of ground to make up to say the least. There are still many flaws in my character and mental make-up which I'm looking at alleviating by myself and with (finally) some professional help. I can't say that I have turned my life around either. But I like to think I'm going in a better direction.

Just felt like I should tell somebody. Thanks for reading :)

Yay you indeed! :)

Crap with words atm dear, but chuck a "whoop!", a "get in!" and another "yay!" in with the first word o' this reply and that's roughly the sounds i made while reading your topic. Those, and a "gwffchaa!" as i kicked the bed frame, but that's not relevant.

Am really pleased for you. :)

xxx

Quite a list, it is good to acknowledge your achievements, give yourself some credit and gold stars, well done you.

Is it sort of like one of those bosses where it takes up the whole screen and you have to shoot it ONLY in its big toe 4,000 times? I hope I get a phat loot drop at the end :)

Well done on all the stuffs

Sorry for bump and delayed offerings of gratitude.

One of those things where I was getting round to it all weekend so clearly I'm still a novice at this getting things out of the way with... thing.

Yay you indeed! :)

Crap with words atm dear, but chuck a "whoop!", a "get in!" and another "yay!" in with the first word o' this reply and that's roughly the sounds i made while reading your topic. Those, and a "gwffchaa!" as i kicked the bed frame, but that's not relevant.

Am really pleased for you. :)

xxx

lmao! I'm sorry you hurt your foot but I hope it makes you feel better to know that I'm adding "Gwffchaa!" to my batman-esque noises along with "Phroppah!", "Badoosh!" and the evergreen "Kapow!"

Cheers :) xxx

Congratualtions That is awesome news xxxx

Ta for the congrats. It is probably the best news I've given myself in a while so I'm definitely going to appreciate it :) xxx

Quite a list, it is good to acknowledge your achievements, give yourself some credit and gold stars, well done you.

Thank you *sticks gold stars on forehead like all silly boys do*. You're right about it being a list... by that I mean I started off with just the drinking and smoking but I was able to expand it without even thinking.

I mean right now, I can add "Not absent-mindedly persuing any form of relationship or infatuation, like a boss" to my list because that's another issue for me. (Granted there's the girl who I see on her moped sometimes when I'm cycling - she's so cool, she has the bluest eyes and she rides a moped, so very cool - but whenever I see her, I'm always going one way and she's going the other way so it'll never work out).

I guess this is something pretty much everybody could do if in the right frame of mind. :) xxx

Sounds very positive hun.

Nearly a reformed character! xx

Nearly being the key word! I'm doing OK but I can't afford to get complacent. Maybe if I'm still doing all this in in a years time then I might be willing to put on my "reformed character" t-shirt! Cheers hun :)

Is it sort of like one of those bosses where it takes up the whole screen and you have to shoot it ONLY in its big toe 4,000 times? I hope I get a phat loot drop at the end :)

Well done on all the stuffs

zomg lolol ur such a n00b! Didn't you know that if you press up, down, up, down, left, left, right, right, circle, x, triangle, x, square, up, right, down, left, up, right, down, left three times then these (see below) appear at the top of the screen and shoot the boss in it's big toe 4000 times for you :rolleyes:

Cheers mate :)

Yaaay go you, CWP :masked: :masked: :masked: :masked:

You sound like you're really working hard at a lot of stuff at the moment

so congratulations on all your achievements, it was great to read! :)

x

Konami Code FTW

It sure does :)

Yaaay go you, CWP :masked: :masked: :masked: :masked:

You sound like you're really working hard at a lot of stuff at the moment

so congratulations on all your achievements, it was great to read! :)

x

Thank you very much.

Some things are easier than others and some things I struggle with. Two things I'm still really rubbish at are keeping calm whilst playing badminton (my rackets have a pitiful attrition rate) and replying to people in a reasonable timeframe (usually takes me over 60 hours on average to reply to an e-mail.

Got to keep pressing on though :) x

Thank you sania... I've never heard that one before but it does make sense :)

I was going to start a new thread because I've finally paid off what I owed those good folks at Housing Benefit (FUCK YEAH!) but I may as well just bump this.

Also gone a full month without smoking, drinking, gambling or romantic pursuits. Admittedly I'm as bored as hell and the depressive patches are whilst less frequent, are more intense. Probably because my feelings aren't getting numbed by any of the above any more.

Nevertheless, I may as well keep cracking on. Today is helping a friend out with some groundwork before going to yoga.

Archived