Mental Health Forums

A Possible Break In My Recovery

chorse_70

Today after some thinking I decided to call the head of the Therapy crew to talk to her about changing my Therapist. I ran into the other Therapist I wanted to change to because I feel we have a good chemistry. I told her of my plan to talk to the leader of all the Therapist and ask for a switch. She said she had no problem with being my Therapist but she thought it was best if I talked to my Therapist I have now and see if there's something we can work out so i keep seeing her. I decided to talk to my current Therapist and it seems we will be finding out between the 2 of us what she does that upsets me and what i do that makes my recovery not get better. I'm hoping now all this will help me because I've been seeing her for over 2 years and feel like I've only went backwards.

That is such good news, I am sorry you had to go that long in the first place. Being with the right fit, makes all the difference. I am glad you are able to switch rather than just get dejected and throw in the towel. Gold stars for asserting your need and making this happen.

Thats great you're doing something about the problem. its very important to get on well with your therapist but a lot of ppl wouldnt have the confidence to ask for a change. sometimes 2 ppl just dont click and that can happen between therapists and clients too. I hope you can part with your therapist on good terms (i mean coz that will make it easier if you happen to see her) but be able to work with the therapist you're comfortable with.

Nothing is in stone yet and after talking to my current Therapist she want to try to work things out between us to see if she can become more the Therapist I need. Either way it was good to get this out there for her to know.

Archived