Mental Health Forums

A New Cpn

Janie

i Met my new CPN yesterday and shes actually like a normal human being !!!! shes great and i read her a poem that i wrote for her and she "heard" what i was saying in it ....she said she wants to support me and she thinks i need theropy and has refered me straight away and as before i was gonna have to wait a year and a half but now i have just a 12week wait at the max... she said she will support me through theropy and wants to get to know me to work with me etc etc ....my last cpn was crap and now i havnt had one for like 5months and its so refreshing to have a really nice one that i trust and it might help me now on my recovery...

i have had nothing but bad apon bad apon bad news lately and i really needed something to go right and it feels ok now i think i am going to be alright ....because she seems brill!!!!! shes a mum of 3 young children like me to and shes about my age and she is lovely ......im so pleased i had to tell someone sorry

with love Janie whos actually having a better day today :)

That's REALLY brilliant, Janie....it is SO important to have those who can hear, see and understand in our support structures...

love,

Katie

Janie,

I hope you don't mind me asking, but, what does your CPN do? I had a appointment with one but it was cancelled when he was off sick and I now have one for a months time. I was expecting to go on a waiting list for some form of counselling etc. and so was quite suprised when I received the appointment. I have not dared contact him to find out what it is for. :wacko:

Any info would be useful.

Many thanks, Jane :)

dear JTBadbug

i didnt know what a CPN done till i asked her what her job is etc ....

she said shes not a trainned counselor but trainned to support me and be there for me and to recognise if i am deteriating etc ....she will get to know me so we can work through my careplan together to make sure i stay mentally stable...she can comunicate with the phyciatric consultant and push for help like theropy and groups etc ...she is there to help my mental health stay stable during theropy too....someone for me ...to look out for me and my wealfare ...i think thats all she said ...but a CPN is a comunity psychiatric nurse ...

hope this helps a little (((((((safehug)))))))) for you with love Janie xxxx

p.s i hope yours turns out to be a supportive one who you can trust to and that it works out well for you ....dont be scared they are there to help hun

dear JTBadbug

i didnt know what a CPN done till i asked her what her job is etc ....

she said shes not a trainned counselor but trainned to support me and be there for me and to recognise if i am deteriating etc ....she will get to know me so we can work through my careplan together to make sure i stay mentally stable...she can comunicate with the phyciatric consultant and push for help like theropy and groups etc ...she is there to help my mental health stay stable during theropy too....someone for me ...to look out for me and my wealfare ...i think thats all she said ...but a CPN is a comunity psychiatric nurse ...

hope this helps a little (((((((safehug)))))))) for you with love Janie xxxx

p.s i hope yours turns out to be a supportive one who you can trust to and that it works out well for you ....dont be scared they are there to help hun

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Janie, this is so helpful. You deserve a big hug too and I hope you are well cared for.

Take care, Jane :bigarmhug[1]:

Archived