Mental Health Forums

So You Don't Want To Hear About My Good Day.

CrippleAndStarfish

Okay, okay, i stole the title from a line in a song (sure if ShadowOfTheDay sees this she'll know which song as know she's a fellow fan ^_^ )

But yes, I did a whole load more than taking out the trash today, and with this heat, i really am on fire.

And yes, I HAVE had a good day. :)

Today is my cousin's 17th birthday, and i found out at about 2 that there was a party starting right then, so was told to get my backside round there. Had a really good time at the party. Was only there for a few hours, but I really loved seeing everyone, especially 2 family friends and their gorgeous little girl. Logan and her hit it off straight away, running round playing with each other, then hiding in the living room when it got a bit too hot for them. There was also a younger cousin of mine there who is a few months older than Logan (L's 4 and a half), and the little girl is 2, and the three of them played along quite happily.

It was heaving, it's only a mid-sized house and there was about 40 people there. I wore a simple top and jeans. One lady who i've never met before today asked me how i've got all those marks on my arm, and i glanced to check there were no kids around and just explained "oh, i self-harm." She looked at me for a moment, and then said "i work with younger people who self-injure, I'm really sorry you feel the need to resort to that. However, they look to be healing well" and gave me a great big beaming smile. I felt really good about that.

I've got a bit of a tan, managed to catch up with some much-loved relatives and family friends (and avoid others who i ...ahem... don't see eye to eye with, lol). Logan had a brilliant time.

Before and after the party, i have managed to clean the entire house - both bathrooms, living room, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, hallway, passage, landing and stairs. So am really pleased with myself for that too.

The only dampener on the day is that i had to come home from the party earlier than i would have liked, as my back was giving me a fair amount of trouble.

Other than that, it's been a pretty damn brilliant day :D

xxxxxx

my fave kitteh! Thankyou hun, love and light to you too, and i'm wishing good days your way as well :)

xxxxxxxxxxx

yayayay! buns!!! ^_^ D'awrrrr bless their sleepiness.... Could curl up with them and nod off meself!

thanks Rossie :)

much love

xxxxxxxx

:D I was listening to them earlier.. Well done lovely, I'm glad you had such a good day ^_^ Mine's been pretty good too (I'll tell you if I talk to you soon :) ) love and snuggles xxxxxxxx

I'm so glad you and Logan had a good time. The lady you met sounds really amazing, so many people in the world don't understand.

How lovely to read such an up beat post, it's put a smile on my face :) so thank you

Glad you and Logan enjoyed yourselves so much :masked:

I meant to give u a plus I'm sooooo sorry by mistake I hit the minus,,, :( how do I revert it!

Yas, I think all you can do is give Crippie 2 positives on 2 different posts, i did that to someone a while ago but she was very understanding.

I really like the part of putting yourself out there and being honest about your arms, especially since the person was there offer encouragement to you. Sounds like great day.

:D thanks everyone,

lots of love.

xxxxxxxxxx

oh, and Yas, no worries hun, it's all good :)

xxxx

Archived