Mental Health Forums

What Is The Nicest Thing Someone Did For You This Weekend?

Monsterfood

I am not sure if this is an okay place to post this topic since I am new but after looking around it seemed like it might be okay. I was thinking about how we can tend to get caught up in the little bits and pieces of things that happen around us or things others might say or do. These things can effect us even if they are not about us or directed toward us since we can grab onto nothing and make it be about us. :( Then I wondered if I am sometimes missing good things because I am focused on trying to protect myself and always on the watch out for bad things. What a crazy messed up brain. :blink: I got to thinking that there has to be things I pass over because of how I am and I would love to begin trying to purposely see the nice things. Even seeing one a day or one a week haha would be great! I know they must happen regularly without me noticing so now I am working to notice.

How about you? What nice thing did someone else do for you this weekend? Yes that means they think you are a worthwhile person! :D

This is a good thing I am ashamed to admit but I can't remember what day it is I think I have a virus and I have got confused.

This is a good thing I am ashamed to admit but I can't remember what day it is I think I have a virus and I have got confused.

(((((Lucy70)))))

I am sorry you are feeling bad. I read your other post and it sounds like you are having a struggle right now but try to take care of yourself and you will feel better as the virus goes on its way. Your energy is good to be spent on trying to get well. I hope you will not treat yourself badly over not remembering or being confused. There is time later to worry about everything else so you are doing what is normal.

xx

That made me cry did have to read it about 5 times as I couldn't make sense. Thanks you are very kind to me. :bigarmhug[1]:

my mum cooked me a loverly roast on sunday when i went round to see her...

just a thought - if you cant see anything nice that anyone else has done for you, then what's stopping you doing something nice for YOURSELF... go on... you deserve it cos you ARE a worthwhile person... :) xx

my mum cooked me a loverly roast on sunday when i went round to see her...

just a thought - if you cant see anything nice that anyone else has done for you, then what's stopping you doing something nice for YOURSELF... go on... you deserve it cos you ARE a worthwhile person... :) xx

Villan I am envious! I love roast. :) Thank you for sharing your nice thing and I think what you said about doing something nice for ourselves is excellent. We are worthwhile. :D

My husband patiently listened to me and reassured me all weekend as I was having a bad couple of days. This to me is precious.

I love this thread it's such a nice one to start.

My hubby is away and this morning my 7 year old daughter brought me a lovely cup of tea to wake me up. She's a star.

this weekend my best friend had a word about my drinking (I stopped completely this winter but since we have been on tour with my band I have started drinking every day again). I did have a cry but he gave me a big hug and told me he was only saying it because he cared about me. I thought no-one cared.

xxx

Well my sister completely ripped me off money wise she drew out all of my money on saturday so I didn't have a single penny >.>

I had race for life on sunday and was worried I wouldn't be able to do it as I had no money to get there- anyway my other half who came up to support me said he'd pay for the travel- when we got there he waited patiently until I finally limped over the finish line- he kept going on about how proud he was of me lol.

Then he insisted on taking me for a nice lunch in a nice pub.

Had a really good time and it didn't cost me a penny lol.

I'm surprised I let him though cos I'm not really one to let people spend money on me it usually makes me feel very uncomfortable O_o.

My husband patiently listened to me and reassured me all weekend as I was having a bad couple of days. This to me is precious.

I love this thread it's such a nice one to start.

Hi Roses. I hope this week is beginning to be better for you. It sounds like your husband did a super nice thing by giving you what you needed. xx

I went to a gig with my husband on Saturday night we had a fantastic night :)

Paradise, that sounds like a lot of fun! I am so glad you had a wonderful night. :)

My husbands cousin bought me a pair of earings, just because she felt they would suit me :blush:

:D shailaine did you like them? What a thoughtful thing to do for you. xx

My hubby is away and this morning my 7 year old daughter brought me a lovely cup of tea to wake me up. She's a star.

Shadow girl that is super sweet! What a lovely thing. xx

this weekend my best friend had a word about my drinking (I stopped completely this winter but since we have been on tour with my band I have started drinking every day again). I did have a cry but he gave me a big hug and told me he was only saying it because he cared about me. I thought no-one cared.

xxx

starry1 that is wonderful that your friend's talk showed you that someone cares about you. I am glad you had this nice reminder. xx

my hubby did the laundry because i couldn't cos of a bad back :)

littleweed71 that is a great thing to do! I could always use help with the laundry. :)

Well my sister completely ripped me off money wise she drew out all of my money on saturday so I didn't have a single penny >.>

I had race for life on sunday and was worried I wouldn't be able to do it as I had no money to get there- anyway my other half who came up to support me said he'd pay for the travel- when we got there he waited patiently until I finally limped over the finish line- he kept going on about how proud he was of me lol.

Then he insisted on taking me for a nice lunch in a nice pub.

Had a really good time and it didn't cost me a penny lol.

I'm surprised I let him though cos I'm not really one to let people spend money on me it usually makes me feel very uncomfortable O_o.

AdaLovelace Congratulations on your hard work in race for life! Congratulations too for having a cruddy day turn into something nice and for what your other half wanted to share with you even though it might have been a little hard to let him. :)

My husbands cousin bought me a pair of earings, just because she felt they would suit me :blush:

:D shailaine did you like them? What a thoughtful thing to do for you. xx

Yes I did thanks, they were lovely :D

I usually find it very hard to receive gifts but these were so spur of the moment they took me by surprise and I didn't have time to let any negative thoughts in, (like what's she after etc) It was just really nice :D

not sure it counts because it wasn't on the weekend but my bro sending me a special sister bear was the nicest thing someones done for me in a while :)

not sure it counts because it wasn't on the weekend but my bro sending me a special sister bear was the nicest thing someones done for me in a while :)

Jules7 of course it counts! That is sweet. :) xx

This is a great idea- I dont look for the positives enough, so it is really no wonder I dont see them, or if & when I do it is only to find I have missed them & didnt appreciate them when they were here!! Having said that I am finding it difficult to think of a good thing someone did for me, for a while.....but no, my little girl climbed into bed with me on Sat morn when I was trying to sleep in, I told her I was still tired & she said "ooohhh, close your eyes mum & i will sing you a blue lullaby" :) I dont know why a 'blue' lullaby & she didnt end up singing to me but we had a nice cuddle & it was sweet of her to think of singing me back to sleep. :wub:

Archived