Mental Health Forums

What Is The Nicest Thing Someone Did For You This Weekend?

Monsterfood

my friend found an old guitar in his loft and gave it to me, he knows how much i love guitars and like collecting them, down side is im running out of space for anymore guitars, but im happy he didnt just throw it away and thought of me.

This is a great idea- I dont look for the positives enough, so it is really no wonder I dont see them, or if & when I do it is only to find I have missed them & didnt appreciate them when they were here!! Having said that I am finding it difficult to think of a good thing someone did for me, for a while.....but no, my little girl climbed into bed with me on Sat morn when I was trying to sleep in, I told her I was still tired & she said "ooohhh, close your eyes mum & i will sing you a blue lullaby" :) I dont know why a 'blue' lullaby & she didnt end up singing to me but we had a nice cuddle & it was sweet of her to think of singing me back to sleep. :wub:

bluehairedgirl what a beautiful thing! It gave me goose pimples to read about her telling you she would sing you a lullaby. xx ^_^

my friend found an old guitar in his loft and gave it to me, he knows how much i love guitars and like collecting them, down side is im running out of space for anymore guitars, but im happy he didnt just throw it away and thought of me.

JackST how thoughtful of your friend. :) That is a nice down side to have. ;)

JackST how thoughtful of your friend. That is a nice down side to have.

i suppose but i dont have a dinner table i can use anymore lol, its just covered in guitar parts ect, gotta eat my dinner on my lap now, but hey it keeps me busy

Hi my son comes over on sats & wed now. He is 15 at and at the *sighing* age, he is usually a dote tho but was in a right huffy mood last sat. was crap. then he sent me a txt at midnight to say sorry... that was nice as i know its still him , just teen hormones i guess...

cool thread ty xx am

My uncle gave me a ride home on Friday night when I wasn't sober, which saved me about $10 on a cab ride so that made me happy.

A new weekend is on its way. Everyone keep your eyes open. ;)

This is a great idea! I'm going to try watch for during the week too, though. Random acts of kindness can be anywhere you look.

My son only asked me for a fiver this weekend lol.

My mother was pleasant to me on the phone.

Plus I will not have to give him anymore over the school holidays, he got a job as a 'boat sheepdog"- he is on a lake which does canoes/ pedal boats for kids/teens andhe rounds them up and goes after the ones that wander off the beaten track. 2 days a week, so it's perfect for a 15 y.o.

Best wishes xxx

ok so i believe in karma... but not this quick !!!

on saturday i gave my spare coloured pen set to the lad who does the scoring at cricket for the 3rd XI (i score for the firsts) and on sunday i arrived to watch the friendly game and his dad had brung a portable bbq and a cool box full of beer up and proceded to offer me a share... kebab and sausage and 2 bottles beer :) quality

so yeah... done summat nice and had nice done back to me :) felt good, and balance is restored !!!

i think the nicest thing was, my m8 got a new motorcycle but ran out of money, so i got him a new helmet for hisbirthday on friday, because his old one was beetup, he was so happy, made me feel great, but the thing is when we was in the pub he spent the last cash he could scrape out of his pocket and got us both a drink, witch to me ment alot, because ino hes not well off, but he did that anywayz

My uncle gave me a ride home on Friday night when I wasn't sober, which saved me about $10 on a cab ride so that made me happy.

I am glad you got home safely and free! :D

A new weekend is on its way. Everyone keep your eyes open. ;)

This is a great idea! I'm going to try watch for during the week too, though. Random acts of kindness can be anywhere you look.

I think that is a great idea. The more we see the better. I saw the thread you started about nice things we have done for others. I like that. It is a good thing to remember that we do nice things for others and it is an even nicer reminder to try to spread a little goodness even when it can be hard to see the sun shining each day. :)

My son only asked me for a fiver this weekend lol.

My mother was pleasant to me on the phone.

Plus I will not have to give him anymore over the school holidays, he got a job as a 'boat sheepdog"- he is on a lake which does canoes/ pedal boats for kids/teens andhe rounds them up and goes after the ones that wander off the beaten track. 2 days a week, so it's perfect for a 15 y.o.

Best wishes xxx

First you got a nice text from you son and now you don't have to finance his holiday time. :) It is always nice to a have a pleasant phone call when that might not always happen.

That sounds like a good job for a teenager. He earns some money for himself and gets to be on a lake.

ok so i believe in karma... but not this quick !!!

on saturday i gave my spare coloured pen set to the lad who does the scoring at cricket for the 3rd XI (i score for the firsts) and on sunday i arrived to watch the friendly game and his dad had brung a portable bbq and a cool box full of beer up and proceded to offer me a share... kebab and sausage and 2 bottles beer :) quality

so yeah... done summat nice and had nice done back to me :) felt good, and balance is restored !!!

:D haha That is karma at work. What a kind thing you did and a lovely thing to have someone share food and drink! :)

Hubby brought me apple pie as a treat as Im feeling crap.

Lily

Lily that is so nice of you husband. I would always appreciate an apple pie! I hope you are feeling better soon.

i think the nicest thing was, my m8 got a new motorcycle but ran out of money, so i got him a new helmet for hisbirthday on friday, because his old one was beetup, he was so happy, made me feel great, but the thing is when we was in the pub he spent the last cash he could scrape out of his pocket and got us both a drink, witch to me ment alot, because ino hes not well off, but he did that anywayz

JackST you bought such a thoughtful birthday gift for your friend and how incredibly nice he was to use his very last money to share with you. He must find you a good friend. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Getting out the upset mood I have gotten myself in!

Yesterday my cousin came around and drove me to run errands because my car is acting up. :)

Archived