Mental Health Forums

I Broke My Leg

Roses

Oh no, I am sick at heart to hear of your pain! I wish I could be there to wash your hair in the sink for you while you relax. <3 <3 <3

so sorry your man is getting such treatment at work, too.

On the positive side, so pleased to learn you are being well cared for.

all my love,

cat

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all so much - amazing support, love to you all xxxxx

We did just that in the end annie, it was hard to my neck in that position and I ended up with water all down my back and front but by god I had lovely clean hair (hadn't been washed for 5 days LOL)

Ross, I hadn't taken my night time meds but you remember my other thread where I was talking about getting woozy and dizzy in the evening? Well when I went into respite I didn't have it so they are now thinking it is psychological for the most part. Like it gets to a certain time of day and my body and mind literally starts to shut down. I think it was a mixture of freaky accident getting up badly and a bit of wobbly knees. I'm at fracture clinic this morning so find out what needs doing then, am hoping they put me in a proper cast as this one is too loose now the swelling has gone down so it causing me a bit more pain now, although I am not looking forward to them snipping off this one - eeks! Scary moment!

Well, the swelling hadn't gone down enough :( Although it had gone down when my foot was raised as soon as I lowered it I felt this rushing sensation and it would fill back up. So got the backslab on for another 10 days!!!! He said if can put a full cast on then would be another 2 weeks no with bearing and then start with some weight bearing after that, so another 24 days no weight bearing!!!! He said looking at 3 months for full recovery *sniff sniff* this is a lot longer than 6 bloody weeks GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

**weeps**

*holds you and lets you weep on my shoulder*

still sending you much love and healing light hun xxx

Hi roses

I know your pain, have broken so many bloody bones :( Sniffle and weep away! I really hope they can get to the bottom of the passey outey business, that really is strange innit. My "figure stuff out" brain is wondering if it has something to do with the hormones in your circadian rhythm, you know the adrenaline / melatonin / cortisol combination. I know many folks suffer from severe mood changes because of that cycle, am wondering if yours has got to the point where you actually pass out. Its that weird meeting place where psychology and body combine.

Have you ever suffered from passing out due to needles or stress? There is something called vasovagal syncope, where one of the body's main nerves causes a sudden drop in blood pressure due to stress. Its basically fainting, but I have my own suspicions that those with anxiety and MH problems may suffer it more in connection with stress. Are you still doing your meditating with Alora? I just wondered if de-stressing before evening might help.

Sorry to be Mr Helpey if helpey isnt whats required, you know me. Tell me to sling my hook if I am being a pain :)

Aaaaw ((((((((((((((((((((((((Roses))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

just read this thread, that sucks hun.

Glad your friends and mum are helping out and that Mike is being so supportive.

:bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]:

sendin lotsa hugs and feel free to rant/pm me whenever needed hun

x

Oh no Rosie Rose!!! Am thinking of you. Time for folk to look out for you, missis! xxxxxxxxx

Poor ((((Roses))))) it sounds horrible. I hope the pain is getting better but it must be awful not being able to do anything :bigarmhug[1]:

Thank you all so much for your continued support and kind words, I look forward to my half hour alloted leg down time every morning and night - so I can come on here xxxxx

Ross, we wondered if it was to do with stress because when I was in respite I didn't have it at all and when I came home Mike and I discussed about me doing less in the day. So I did that. Instead of rushing about full speed ahead all day I was doing a couple of hours, then sitting watching TV for a couple then doing a bit more etc... and it had got a lot better. There were a couple of nights it didn't happen at all and several nights it wasn't til about 10.30/11pm (instead of the usual 9-10pm). Since I've done this it has been around 9-9.15 but I'm sure that's cos I'm exhausted as well. We might look into the blood pressure thing, thanks.

oh ffs what i won't do for a movement of empathy broke my foot the other day girly maybe we can get parrots n peg leg race mayhaps start a pirit crew hehe solidarity hehe when i get a hard cast we'll have to exchange autographs xxxx i always said u were my twin now don't break anything else love i kinda m running outta legs lol xxx

((jades)) am replyin via fone and that hug is nowhere near ar big as id like. Thanx emma. Pc bein fixed will reply more later. Yes, cant believe u broke ur foot. How did it happen?

Roses thats really shit that you will be out of action for 3 months.

I think that when bad things happen, we realise how lucky we are. Even tho the day to day might seem boring, at least I don't have a broken leg, or foot- or a missing cat- (as i thought this morning and FREAKED out)

Thinking of you, with love annemarie xxxx

I thought i had replied herf yday, sorry guys am on mob as pc is gettin fixed. I hugged jades loads and said thanx 4 support emma. I am going to be spending as much time as i can stand to, lying flat on back with legs raised cos that is only thing that is workin 4 swellin (no rude jokes pls, its not attractive)!

Roses omg,

So sorry you are going through this. My goodness. It's good to have support around you but I understand the helplessness you can feel. I'm house bound at moment but mates coming over for sex and city and juice. Can you have a friend come over for a gossip with you take your mind off your pain, if its possible.

If I was there I'd share my drugs with ya, give you some quality nebulisers make you high and laughing and we would gossip about supposed trendy women wearing ridiculous lady Gaga outfits.

I'll throw you a text now. If you need cheered up let me know.

Stevie

Thanx guys, daisy and gun. Sorry u nnt havin a gr8 time urself atm stevie, it did cheer me up gettin ur txts. Im wide awake not sleepin so well but them am not doin much in days. Cant wait to get pc bck, replyin like this is quite hard although it is still a huge positiue cos i really need the support right now. Mike has been given 3 mths notice he is being let go from wk due to company finances. STRESS!

Rose babe I can't believe i've only just noticed this. I'm so sorry all this crap is happening, and your poor leg!!! ((((((((((((((Rose)))))))))))))) And Mike being given notice - jeez, cause you've not got enough stress as it is, hun!! Is he gunna be looking for other work then hun? I wish him the very, very best with it, it's such a shame. Know you will get thru this, but fking hell, so, so sorry all this is going on. Can't imagine how you must be feeling.

Here for you, sending lots of love and hugs, and wishing you a speedy recovery. xxxxxx

he rosey posey chariuots race spartacus style! lost my phone hun pm me ur number again n ill text u frum mine lol broke it going up the stairs runnin frum da devil lol dumb arse woke up had coffee fag then was trying to duck the devil and snap looked like the new johnny knocksville at ane with my one pink converse on xxxx @)

Roses I'm so sorry about mike, why is life so cruel all at once? you and jades are being so brave and positive xxx

Hey Rose. Long time no talk. I told you not to be jumping off the wardrobe.

Only messing. Sorry that you broke your leg. How are things otherwise. This must have set you back?

Take it handy xx

Thankyou all soooo much. Still on fone pc not well. Woah blue, welcome bck ive missed u so much. Am givin u big hugs xxx so today we cancelled our holiday and are gettin a full refund, one positive. We cancelled aloras dance for now, very sad. But when we went to cancel arans drums they said that we can have free lessons until mike back in stable work, i cried on tie phone to them. Then, aran got his sat results today and got 4 level 5s! Thats gcse entry leuel age eleven!

Archived