Mental Health Forums

I Broke My Leg

Roses

((((((Roses)))))

I am sorry that you have broken your leg :( It goes to show how much we rely on our legs doesn't it?

Great news about your son :) Sorry about Mike though :(

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankyou all soooo much. Still on fone pc not well. Woah blue, welcome bck ive missed u so much. Am givin u big hugs xxx so today we cancelled our holiday and are gettin a full refund, one positive. We cancelled aloras dance for now, very sad. But when we went to cancel arans drums they said that we can have free lessons until mike back in stable work, i cried on tie phone to them. Then, aran got his sat results today and got 4 level 5s! Thats gcse entry leuel age eleven!

FFS, sorry about that. At least you got your money back and can go when you are better. That's great results that Aran got. Well done! Sorry Mike not stable in work. I hope its not too stressful on him and you all. I know how it feels. Nobody working in my house for the past year. No money sucks and marketing and adds everywhere sucks.

I missed you too by the way. I left work. I have severe Bipolar and was only being treated for depression so that made my mania worse I went on a big bender for a bit. I am at home with the family and everyone is a lot happier and I am getting there (I think). Still using me as a test subject on the meds. Trying all sorts of meds trying to get the right balance. I will be totally bananas at the end of the treatment if they get their way.

Anyway I have time on my hands and I am in a reasonably good place at the mo so I thought I would come on here and support other people as much as possible. That's the idea today anyway. Remember I am seven days older then you so I am a week wiser if you need me lol.

Get well soon girl!

hope things improve for u, glad you got the free drum lessons and the holiday refund though, at least all is not lost.

Thank you all so much. Yes some stresses and some blessings. Another piece of good news today mum has offered to pay aloras dance lessons 4 next few mths. So made up!

Glad to hear u r doing so well blue, even if they r puttin u through the mij w the meds least they are doin somethin now. So glad to hear u r back at home again and in a better place. Lol at the seven days, glad some things never change. Rx

rreally happy for Alora and Aran about lessons, nice names btw :) 4 level 5s age 11 is amazing, i never got that many! you must be so proud, I'm glad you have got some good news Roses, you deserve some happiness so much xxx

Thanku emma, your support, as ever, is amazin! And everyone else too! Yes, he going straight onto gifted and talented prog at high school. Him and 3 others been doin maths there one avo a week this term there already bless.

Glad u like her name. Her ful5 name is alora-jayne melody and as a baby got aj a lot. He is aran michael. Aran is irish celtic 4 woods and alora same but means princess. Rx

its good they have a gifted/talented scheme at the school, i got the same grades at age 11 and 2 level 7s and a level 6 at ks3 without taking the exam (was done on teacher assessment due to me being away at the time of the sats). never got put into a gifted programme though.

Well done annielou, sorry u didnt get on programme when were u in y6 (top year jr to us oldies lol) ?

Well im a lot more comfortable which is a blessin, the swellin is going down but still some there s6 could go either way mon. We told the kids bout work and cancelling summer holiday it was horrible but its done now.

Went to fracture clinic today and had full cast put on and it feels so much better. The putting the cast on wasnt nice and it looks like a weird position as my leg rolls out but i guess that must b the natural position or something as it doesnt hurt and the lady kept telling me to relax my thigh. Was even more happy to learn that i dont have to raise it at night (was having to raise both at night 4 comfort and just to try and drain the fluid) so result today! Rx

I'm glad your feeling better Roses, thats good you don't have to sleep with it raised anymore, i bet that wasnt comfy xxx

Thankyou both, yes it was both comfy and uncomfy and was changing positions a lot in the night! Also i feel a lot less disabled now as pot is black and slimline. Much better than big white bandages and this means i can definately go to arans y6 play on thurs, double yay! Rx

Thankyou everyone saying it was much more comfortable first day kinda jinxed me for day 2 where it just tingled and was uncomfortable all day and really struggled in night too but my friend says that happens sometimes just takes a while to get properly used to it and today it feels better again so think is going to get better from here on in. Rx

Went to school play tonight as aran leaves this time so his last one this time. Big mistake. Got there ok but cos i had to have it raised up it became a magnet 4 peeps to squeeze past and one family even passed a bag over my leg! Then in car on way back i got my ankle caught on inside of cast and it was just horrid. Is throbbing still. Rx

Thanks daisy, is fine again this morning. I cried loads and loads last night mustve just been the stress of everything.

Kids break up next weds amd mum is talkin bout going home thurs so starting tryiog to get our heads round that too. I really dont want mam here so we are thinking kids will b here and aran old nough to be of great heip and just havin microwave meals for a few wks.

Thanks Ross ((((Mc Fluffington)))) I had the wierdest dream last night - you and jades came roundtand i was showing u alc the work i had done to the house, yo were v impressed and them we all got paintbrushes out and started painting the walls in the hall but the paint had gone funny crazy. Btw didnt say, i got a black cast! Excelent colour range at our local hespital rx

Thanks Ross ((((Mc Fluffington)))) I had the wierdest dream last night - you and jades came roundtand i was showing u alc the work i had done to the house, yo were v impressed and them we all got paintbrushes out and started painting the walls in the hall but the paint had gone funny crazy. Btw didnt say, i got a black cast! Excelent colour range at our local hespital rx

Lol I wish my dreams had been like that. I had night-long nightmares, which I wont describe :(

Black cast FTW :lol:

Archived