Mental Health Forums

What's Something Nice You've Done For Someone?

PlasticInsanity

Pretty self-explanitory, what's something nice you've done for someone lately within the past day, week, month, etc?

-Gave my cousin a ride home, approx 5 mins out of town

-Took my niece for a walk while they were using the chainsaw (she's 2, and very scared of it)

-Bought my grandma and neighbor b-day presents; I think my neighbor was shocked because this was the first time I got her something.

I'll post an update the next time I do something nice, or if I can think of something else.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did post this in the something nice someone done for me cos was on the back of the nice thing i did - but i will post it here too...

on saturday i gave away my old spare coloured pen set to the kiddie that does the cricket scoring for the 3rd XI, i score for the firsts...

got me thinking back when i started scoring for the 3rd XI and it was the scorer of the 1st that gave me my first set of coloured pens, and i remember how chuffed i was with that, and hope he is as pleased as i was...

always good to encourage kiddies doing something worthwhile, and having a scorer certainly takes pressure off all concerned in a cricket match, so yeah... i done summat nice that will not only help him, but the club as a whole... and it was only a spare set i wasnt using cos i got myself a new set and my old set is adequate for spares... a little thing to me, but prolly a big thing to him... so proves that it doesnt always have to be big things that give the most pleasure to people... :)

*great topic* :) xxx

Think this is a wonderful idea for a topic.

however, I have no idea what I can add to it - it's been a long time. Might do something at some point.

xx

Think this is a wonderful idea for a topic.

however, I have no idea what I can add to it - it's been a long time. Might do something at some point.

xx

you just did something real nice hun x

i can think of nice stuff people did for me, but really not good at thinking of nice stuff i did for others. probably not cos i didn't do anything, but just probably really don't think about it. xx

I made Earl Grey Icecream and Lemon cakes for dessert to take to dinner at a friends house today

I sent my mother a birthday card

Other then that I can't think of anything nice I did today as I haven't really left the flat or interacted with anyone today.

• 1 month later...

I spent the day helping a friend re-organize their entire home office. Everything from moving the furniture and equipment, to a trip to Ikea, to dusting and placing all the accessories.

My next door neighbour's washing machine broke down last week. So I did some washing for her and because she was out at work, I pegged it all out for her as well.

I found 2 pairs of my husbands dirty socks and instead of ramming them down his throat I quietly put them in the wash basket! Yes yes I know, I am a very special person! :lol:

ya know this is a very good post, it reminds me that i haven't been very active at all i need to get out there and help people like i used to do see a person struggling with there garden i have in the past come along and helped out no questions asked, especially for the elderly, so now gonna keep an eye for something nice to around here, its a loverly thoughtful post thank you will get my butt in gear and do something nice for someone else xox :)

I run a bath for my partner when he comes home and make him a cup of coffee after work. I also invited a friend for dinner who doesn't cook for himself.

havent done it yet but going to take the dy off work on thurs to help my mum take her younger grandkids (my neices and nephews) out for the day cos i dont want her to be having to do it all alone -_-

I was able to stop being self centered long enough to be emotionally supportive of someone else, listen to them and take them for a nice long walk.

I made Earl Grey Icecream and Lemon cakes for dessert to take to dinner at a friends house today

Wow that sounds so good, i would like the recipe for that yum.

Gave a few bedding sets -duvet covers, sheets, pillowcases - that I don't use to the lady who lives next door, as she mentioned yesterday that the washing machine ate holes in hers and couldn't afford new ones until the middle of next month.

Got a few bits from the shop just now for the lady who lives down the street - she's my nana's friend from school, who told me this house was up for rent.

Phoned o2, listened to them ramble on for ages, and got a new SIM card requested for nana, as she's not able to receive any texts even though they're definitely being sent.

Didn't punch the rude pig who sat ON me while I was waiting for food at the Chinese takeaway, however much I wanted to. So, it's not strictly something nice, but i'm counting it anyway. Great big lumbering oaf, he was. :(

Archived