Mental Health Forums

What's Something Nice You've Done For Someone?

PlasticInsanity

Walked up to my mum's tonight and gave her some painkillers, Ibuprofens and a pastaNsauce... But I guess in a way it is not doing some thing nice for some one, As you would always help your mum out, Even if your feeling a little ill yourself o.O...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walked up to my mum's tonight and gave her some painkillers, Ibuprofens and a pastaNsauce... But I guess in a way it is not doing some thing nice for some one, As you would always help your mum out, Even if your feeling a little ill yourself o.O...

of course it counts as doing something nice for someone, Dice, as you could have decided that however much you wanted to help your mum out, that you weren't well enough to go, but you didn't, you still went. I'd say it's an even nicer thing considering you're not feeling so good yourself. x

tonight I made mine and my dad's tea - jamie oliver's salmon and noodles. Dad of fedup! enjoyed it xxxxxxxxxxxx

yes and the other day you did a lovely thread for meeeeeeeee! (which was super, super nice) xxxxxxxx

Made a video presentation for my cousin with pics of her baby. From her pregnat belly,to right after birth to now(6months later).

i went to zumba with a friend who also has mh issues.

on the way there she mentioned how she wasn't feeling much love for her partner.

i'd to nip in to tesco on way home, while she waited outside. i bought her a bunch of flowers while i was in tesco and gave them to her and told her how much she means to me as a friend. just cos i thought she could do with cheering up x

Went round to cmofort a friend who was feeling really low.

Forgot my keys though, so another friend had to help me

Was at Subway today, and these two drugged out girls with their boyfriend (?) got subs but apparently forgot their Subway card. Bought the food for them, asked that they pay it forward. They were really appreciative, and the shorter girl goes "fo sho man, we own downtown, you ever need us we got yo back." Ya that made me feel cheesy as hell but whatever, good cause.

A man was fixing the upstairs toilet at work and I asked him if he had previously been working in the other toilet, downstairs. He said he had. I mentioned that there was a pile of small screws in this toilet, on the bench inbetween the basins. "Oh! I've been looking for those everywhere!" he said, and as I was talking he hurriedly disappeared downstairs to fetch the screws.

on saturday i discovered that my friend with mh issues had taken an overdose the previous night. she was alone with a toddler to mind.

i spent the day with her, and minded her baby for a few hours so she could sleep up the overdose. i then stayed with her till her partner came home, so she wasn't on her own.

Two things, I DIDN'T slap the rude cow in the queue when she was tutting and whispering to her moron husband/boyfriend, after Marley dropped her bottle of milk on her foot.

(I tell ya...they looked like what the posh and becks waxworks would look like if left to close to a space heater)

And then on the way out ,I was feeling a bit peckish and opened my box of doughnuts, and shared they with a homless dude sitting in the bus shelter.

• 2 weeks later...

was able to be understanding to a friend who doesn't normally ever talk about his health worries. i think ii cheered him up and helped him to see its ok to talk about those things.

And you pasted lovely geeks all over this forum for me and other lovers of geeks!! Really loved that hun, made me smile so thank you xxxxxxxxx

• 1 month later...

My mother and I took my niece out yesterday to share Birthday Wishes

Brought my niece a dozen roses

Card with cash

Let her pick out her first perfume she chose, Viva la Juicy. Got her both a full size bottle and a mini purse sized roll on.

Then took her for a vanilla latte.

I have never seen her face light up so bright. Being able to choose anything at the fragrance counter of a nice department store blew her away. This last year she has been in loads of trouble, just one punishment after another. I wanted her to know that she is loved and deserves to feel special despite, parents, school, and lousy boyfriends, 16 can be so rough.

It made me so happy to see her smile and feel important.

Sat with a student for half an hour outside class, even though I don't get paid in my breaks, because she is worried about her exam.

• 2 weeks later...

My neighbour 3 doors up does a lot for charity and she is doing shoe boxes this year for kiddies that don't have very much so I have started one and so far I have put in a little cuddly Christmas penguin, some felt tips pens and a colouring book - need to check with her if I can put sweets in there and if I can will put some sweeties in and then just have to think of a few other bits and it will be ready :)

• 2 weeks later...

I finished my shoe box today - wrapped the box up with sparkly wrapping paper and ribbons.

In there I put:

Pack of felt tip pens.

Pencil case.

Colouring book.

Colouring book with stickers.

Hair slides.

Hair band.

Sparkly bangles.

Packet of Haribo.

They also need hygiene stuff so I put in:

2 flannels.

3 bars of soap.

2 toothbrushes.

Toothpaste.

I really enjoyed doing it and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that a little girl somewhere on the other side of the world will be opening this box of goodies on Christmas Day, just hope she likes it all :)

Cats we used to do the shoeboxes at school, it was possibly one of the things i loved the most about going to school lol!

Ahh, i miss doing those, i've just had a look online and found out how i can start doing them again, yay! :) Thanks for reminding me!

And, today the builders next door were struggling to get all the junk into the back of the van after completely redoing the house, and while health and safety (and a bad back!) prevented me from helping them shift the stuff, i could still make cups of tea and coffee and fish finger sarnies for them :) They were really appreciative, and although i was exhausted and in pain, it felt really good to do a little something :)

xx

Oh I'm glad you can start doing them again - I shall be doing one every year from now on - the one that I have done is for the Samaritans Purse.

Builders always love a good cuppa and some food - that was so sweet of you xx

I made a stencil for my friends guitar yesterday :) not sure if it counts, cos he's done a lot for me lately, and I think the main reason I did it is because I love it when he looks all happy and excited lol but it was definitely worth it :D

Archived