Mental Health Forums

Think I Need Bit If Help Again

bellaboo

I think i may need a bit of help again with my disorder but im not sure how to go bout it and feel like if i have to adress it it might make it worse like it becomes more of an issue thats on the surface rather than tucked away in my slightly denial. I know deep down it effects or is a result of or linked to my ibs and that just never serms to get any better get house ridden with it ive never stuck to just trying to eat normal and not restricting for long periods and the more i try to eat normal to try balance my stomach and colon the more my bullimia comes back. Im a bit stuck and confused.... Any words of wisdom outside of my brain would be helpful

(((bellaboo))))

i think you may need some help if its having such a big impact on your life and health. but i can understand why you'd be scared that bringing the issues up might make it worse. have you spoke to your dr about it so they could help you?

i guess it would be good if you had a very understanding theraapist or someone who could help you at your own pace so you didn't get overwhelmed with things.

xxx

Yeah i think thats what freaked me out the first time it was just a bunch of charts and figures and things to try and shock me and food diaries etc so i ran from it thinking id sort it thinking back i was pretty poorly and had physical problems which maybe should have been looked at feel bit like ive been left and not helped even though i took that first step in asking for help i was well under weight and acc to stats prob still am but thats erelvant its disordered thinking and actions. I think if i could find someone jyst to chat with slowly. I thought i was ready before but i wasnt i think i maybe now but how it is scary

that seems pretty bad, shocking you and just expecting you to 'know' somehow how to sort it. like you say its disordered thinking and that probably took a long time to form such strong patterns in your mind and therefore wil take a while to get new patterns made.

i always feel intimidated by dr's but i think you may need to be strong and spell it out to him/ her that you need help preferably from someone who specializes in eating disorders. perhaps write it down about how you are stuck between needing to help your ibs but that cause the bulimic urges.

good luck xxx

Thanks a lot. I might get new dr he hasnt helped much and think he assumes my ibs is just me windging about having to eat and being bloated although he has started to believe me and send me to specilists. Ill be brave and try it maybe once ive had all the tests to check my insides and intolorences. Thanks for your words x

Thanks vivien i worry they will laugh in my face but id like to able to just have a calm mind and life without all this not sure that will ever be possible but at least i could find a happy medium that lasts maybe. Thanks again x

Archived