Mental Health Forums

Scared And Need To Talk...

nrjsmith

Hi,

Ive hit rock bottom and really need someone to talk to. Im 25 and at the age of 22 everything was perfect, full time job, in love, was expecting a baby and in spain having the time of our lives. I the received a phone call from my doctor asking me to come in, i explained i was away and she asked me to come home because i have cancer..... my life has just crumbled i had to have a painful termination and start my treatment asap. Since then I am unemployed, I started to drink to give my confidence, on medication for anxiety and depression, I have no friends and feel like im a burden on my family. The last week or so i just cant stop crying and feel so scared all the time.

Nicola x

im so sorry to hear that...youve been through so much.

im sure you arent a burden to your family and that they love you and want u to get better.

are you having any counselling to help you deal with all this ?x

I'm so sorry for everything you've been thru.

You didn't mention about whether you are still with the partner you mentioned?

Welcome

Hi,

Thank you for your reply's. Im due to see a someone but i havent been out for ages and the thought scares the life out of me. Yeah im still with my partner, but its becoming a really strain on him we havent been intermate for ages and he is the one working while i dont have any income at all. We live at home with my mum.

xx

I'm sorry for what you have been through,I hope that you can get the help that you need.

(((((hugs)))) x

So sorry for everything you went through, can't imagine how you must feel, but you will find lots of caring people and support here.

I'm sorry for what you have been through,I hope that you can get the help that you need.

(((((hugs)))) x

Thank you Honeyflower xx

So sorry for everything you went through, can't imagine how you must feel, but you will find lots of caring people and support here.

Thanks you. It seems like a good site :-) x

I'm so sorry to hear about your story, that must be devastating news and i can't imagine how it must feel for you its not surprising you have reacted in the way you did. i am sure you are not a burden to your family they love you and want to be there for you, family's love is always unconditional. you have lots of friends here and plenty of people who will help you :) *hugs love and light* xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry to hear about your story, that must be devastating news and i can't imagine how it must feel for you its not surprising you have reacted in the way you did. i am sure you are not a burden to your family they love you and want to be there for you, family's love is always unconditional. you have lots of friends here and plenty of people who will help you :) *hugs love and light* xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you, i shouldnt have said that about my family because i wouldnt be here without them :-) xx

i'm surprised you weren't offered some kind of counselling as soon as you were diagnosed with cancer cos that's a massive thing to deal with.

Hi there

I am also a new memeber, i know how your like can suddenly be turned upside down, my 14 year old son was diagnose last august with a really rare aggessive cancer and my world stopped too i know it is not me that has it but i wish i could take it from, as to your comments about not being able to stop crying (that lasted about 6 months for me) and i also felt like a cloud of doom to my friends and fammily as they look in and can not do anything.

It has been the hardest time of my life and i feel for you the only thing i can say is i had to have a word with myself and try to take my mind of it.

Its hard and my heart breaks everyday i feel part of me has died but i never show him and keep positive in front of him, noone deserves what both you and him are going through, i will be thinking of you.

Roase xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nicola

How are you feeling

Rose XX

Hi Rose,

Im struggling abit with the medication my doctor has put me on, I have started counselling now. How are you? xx

Hi Nicola

How are you feeling

Rose XX

Hi Rose,

Im struggling abit with the medication my doctor has put me on, I have started counselling now. How are you? xx

I am ok just taking one day at a time and trying to keep posative, the medication is hard to deal with it did my head in when they gave my son chemo and said if he is sick then i have to put gloves on to clean it up !!! so its ok to fill him full of it but its really bad for you, its just not fair but look at it this way if it makes you better it is all worth it and its not forever.

sending you posative thoughts

AM xx

Hi Nicola

How are you feeling

Rose XX

Hi Rose,

I am ok just taking one day at a time and trying to keep posative, the medication is hard to deal with it did my head in when they gave my son chemo and said if he is sick then i have to put gloves on to clean it up !!! so its ok to fill him full of it but its really bad for you, its just not fair but look at it this way if it makes you better it is all worth it and its not forever.

sending you posative thoughts

AM xx

this quote is soooo true - You never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have.

AM xx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am also new to this site but from what I can see there are a lot of people who can relate to you. I have had to deal with cancer in the family with 5 different family members in the last ten years - my dad passed away with it last month. I am at a high risk level and it honestly frightens the life out of me so I can relate a little bit to how scared you are. I have also lost babies so can relate to that as well. You will never forget your little one but that as they say will get easier with time. I still think of my triplets who I lost alot of the time (they would be 30 now). Keep as strong as you feel able to. And just keep in mind your Mother always loves you.

Archived