Mental Health Forums

Diagnosis

star

does anyone else here have the same problem as me, my dr, pysch and cpn never seem to actually put a name to my condition..

i'm on mood stabilisers

im also on anti depressants

and im on anti-psychotics which are commonally used for people with psychosis or schizophrenia

i never get a straight answer out of any of the medical profession as to what they r treating me for.. sometimes i wonder if they even know.. or if they are just giving me anything and everything in the vain attempt that they'l get it right

after 3 yrs of mental health treatment im still waiting to be told what they think i

have..

its only my body you know.. it'd be nice if they actually felt it neccesary to inform me of my diagnosis and give me a straight answer when i ask

does anyone else have this problem??

sorry i feel for you... altho after my 30 some years of exp i find one truth to be unchanging... except for depression all other diagnosis change when i change doctors.

my current Dx is major reocurring cronic depression with traits of bpd and microburst of schizoaffective disorder.

30years ago it was... depression (ever popular and present in every dx) with schizophrenic tendencies and psychotic episodes....

and there were a few others in between.... so who cares... change therapist/psych and get a new one.....

sorry... not unsympathetic.. just jaded!

maybe you could throw a fit and tell them if they dont come up with a dx for you .... you are outa there!... Not a good idea... only kidding.

bets

Everytime I see posts about people's experiences with therapy and psychologists etc I get vert alert because I am not diagnosed and never saw anyone.

So far I haven't really seen anything that convinces me to venture out there.

Looks to me like my deciding I fit here is as good as any diagnosis. tongue3.gif

Yes, I agree - if you feel comfortable here and if the topics discussed feel familiar to you, and help you, it's a good place. When I found this forum, I had not been diagnosed yet, but just knew it was right, so I sent some BPD stuff to my therapist and told him that I just needed to belong somewhere, and it would be so easy to belong here. When I saw him again, he agreed that it might be good for me to learn more about BPD, but especially to concentrate on the problem with regulating emotions, which I guess I need to actually do......usually I just enjoy being with the people I have met here and learning soooo many little things and felt so much like I belong. :wub:

Verbena

it isn't so much having a place to belong for me its more id like to know what im being treated for, it seems like they just chuck pills at you til they find some that seem to work but never actually find out what the problem was if you get my point.

if they said we rnt sure thats why ur on a variety of meds that would prob do for me, the annoying thing is its like they dont think they need to explain my treatments or diagnosis with me

anyhoo im babbling now...

hugs n happiness to all star x

star...

many of us that are dx'd bpd are still on a variety of meds which they have just thrown at us to see what will work. so a dx doesnt help much with med management.

i still feel you have a right to know what they dx'd you with. if they are filling insurance they have a specific dx... tell them u want to know what it is.

bets

i agree with wht you said fuddy but, ... they tell me what they are for... depression, voices, anxiety.. whatever... but that is no garentee tht they work.

mine tell me. then i go look them up on the net to see if they lied to me. mostly they havent.

bets

hehe... my doc says that is my only defence mechanism that i should keep!

Thanks for telling me that... sometimes we have a hard time seeing anything good about ourselves..

bets

Archived