Mental Health Forums

Guilt

AliMWelt

i have issues with binging- I binge to calm myself down when very stressed/anxious. I am very stressed/anxious atm and was starting to binge but stopped myself. Now, that should be good right? But, I feel guilty. I feel like I deserve to be fat and gross (logically, I know I don't) but that I deserve to be punished....anyone have any tips on this?

oh hun. i think you did really well to interrupt the cycle. i'm sorry you feel bad even tho you managed it but i think it is understandable. it seems binging has been you coping mechanism and also your way to punish yourself. if you stop that then you are bound to feel a bit lost.

i think it all comes down to low self esteem. i wish there was a quick way to get good self esteem i'm not sure how you do it but i think acceptance and learning how to nurture and comfort ourselves with positive self talk plays a part.

take care

xxx

I'm just trying to allow myself one binge a day at the moment, like one episode where I'm allowed to eat crap. And the rest of the time I have to follow my meal plan. I'll see how it goes, but I know how hard it is.

I think the answer is to try and cut down slowly, even though it seems pointless and a waste of time to do it that way, I think that is the only answer? So if you only binge once a day already, try and allow yourself only half of what you usually have in a binge.

But any other tips would be great!

Archived