Mental Health Forums

A Bit Of A Moan

carlylight1

fed up because i've got some sort of mouth ulcer which is really painful i didn't think they hurt so much its horrible. also it's started hurting when i swallow and i feel all tired again so i think i could be getting tonsilitis. and then i start questioning if i'm really ill or not. i know i've got a sore throat and mouth but am i really tired or is it just laziness i dunno. i know i'm sleepy but that could be down to all the painkillers i've took for my throat which have only worked a tiny bit anyway.

i've had so much time off work lately and really wanted to get back into a routine of going but had to have today off too. i probably could've gone in but i wimped out of it so now feel bad for that. also its the group tomorrow i've already missed a few sessions and don't want to miss anymore .

i don't really want to go back to my doctor because i went quite recently and i'm sure he thinks i'm a time waster. i'd not been for months and months before the other week but i still feel uncomfortable.

theres nothing i can do apart from be a grown up and go. i really don't want to tho. stupid tonsils.

((((((((vivien))))))))

not very good with words at the moment, sorry hun, but sending you hugs and love, and i'm sorry your mouth and throat are so sore :( hope that you can get yourself to the docs and that they can help you.

xxxxxx

ty hun, the hugs are very gratefully received, i'm sorry you're not doing too good.

take good care lovely

hug2.gif xxxxx

sorry to hear your suffering vivien

hope you feel strong enough to get to the dr tomorrow

really does sound like you might need some anti-bios or something to help

((vivien))

I can kind of relate to this.

I had recurrent tonsillitis for years, it didn't hurt too much because of the massive amounts of painkillers I'm on anyway, so didn't think much of it.

It was only when I had my tonsils removed last year that I realised how much it was getting me down, constantly being unwell because of the tonsilitis.

Most docs won't treat it with antibiotics unless it's really bad, and to be honest, they never seemed to clear mine up anyway. But if it's a recurrent problem it may be worth seeing if you can have them out. Again, docs won't let you have them out unless the tonsils are infected a LOT, something like four or five times a year, if it's not quite that bad, you may need to exagerate a teensy bit if you feel it's worth it!

Anyhow, I hope your throat clears up soon, and I'll bet you'll feel a bit better when it does.

Get well soon. xx

thank you for the support dry bones and almost sane,

almost sane-i had tonsilitis alot when i was growing up and missed loads of school because of it. i can't believe how reluctant the dr's were to take my tonsils out. i think i was about 16 when they finally agreed to. i was on the waiting list for about 8-10 months can't remember how long exactly and typically, in that time it just sort of stopped happening so i thought i'd 'grown out of it' as the dr's said i would. i started getting it again throughout my twenties-severe(needing two courses of antibiotics at a time) but not as often. i'm in my late twenties now and seem to go through patches of getting it a lot and then not getting it at all.

during my last bad patch i was begging the dr to just take them out but he started going on with all these horror stories about how in adults its dangerous and more or less making out that i would bleed to death if i was to have it done!

so me and my tonsils has been one long saga!

glad you have got yours sorted and you are so right, it does make you feel miserable. thankfully so far it doesn't seem like a severe case (touchwood) and the ulcer is more painful

xxxx

It's not That dangerous having your tonsils taken out. I think your doc may be exaggerating a bit. If it was I'm pretty sure they wouldn't operate on a 6 year old kid- and they do. Tonsils don't acc do much for the body anyways. Can't you go to a private doctor who will do it for you? X

It's not That dangerous having your tonsils taken out. I think your doc may be exaggerating a bit. If it was I'm pretty sure they wouldn't operate on a 6 year old kid- and they do. Tonsils don't acc do much for the body anyways. Can't you go to a private doctor who will do it for you? X

yes he was being very dramatic about it. tbh i've not had it for a while so if this is just a one off its ok. if i start getting it every couple of months again i'l have to do something. probably wouldn't be able to afford to go private so it'd mean more pleading with a reluctant doctor sad.gif xxx

P.s. Sorry that your not feeling well. I hope you get better soon Xxx

aww, thanks for your kind wishes xxx

Hey Vivien

I feel your pain - I'm 37 and never really had major problems with my tonsils....2 years ago I got tonsillitus (but was diagnosed with swine flu so it went untreated with antibiotics for a week) - by the time I got the antibiotics it was too late and I had to go to A&E in the middle of the night as the pain was so bad, I was in agony...

I was admitted to hospital with quincy and was there for 4 days! They reduced the swelling with steroids and I was discharged, went home and the next day it flared up again and I was back in hospital for another 3 days. They had to lance it (which is the most painful thing Ive ever experienced!).

When I went back for a check up 2 months later, the ENT consultant said I should get tonsils removed as there was an 80% probability that I'd be back in hospital - apparently quincy can be fatal if not treated properly!

So I got them removed a month later and although the recovery was AGONY for 4 weeks and I got addicted to dihydracodeine, I've never had any problems since.

In a way I feel bad, as I've got friends who have recurring problems with tonsils and can't get them taken out - and I just get them out after one infection!

Best of luck whatever happens :)

hi fedup hunni, i went to the dr's and got some antibiotics. my tonsils seem a bit better its not been a bad infection at all in fact i think its just a sore throat. but the mouth ulcer is killing! the dr said it was prob there because i am run down. i'm trying to not get paranoid about it being something really serious which i normally do, its just so painful and i'm having to take lots of painkillers which is not good.

apart from that i've had a blip mentally but hopefully that won't last too long. xxxxx

hi bonkers,

getting swine flu must've been terrifying what with everything in the news. and then to get quincy ohmy.gif. when i've looked up stuff on throat infections on the net i remember reading about that and how dangerous and painful it is. i'm glad they got it sorted otherwise there'd always be that fear. i know during my really bad bouts of tonsilitis i've thought i would actually do anything not to go through that sort of pain again. sorry to read about your addiction too, i have a bit of a problem with over the counter codeine tablets at the best of times so would probably have big problems if they gave me the stuff you were having.

xxxx

I'm glad your tonsils are better but mouth ulcers are awful, they sound scary and they do really hurt. i'm sure you know how to treat mouth ulcers but I find drinking lots of fruit juice helps them to go away quicker, orange juice is best but citrus fruits give me stomach ache so i drink apple juice and that works really well too esp as i can drink lots of it. and i use bonjela gum ointment, its agony for 3 seconds after you put it on but it does help. I hope it goes away soon (((((vivien)))))

Archived