Mental Health Forums

Side Effects...

Paula

have been getting quite severe side effects from my meds over the past week. i take Sertraline, Quetiapine, and Depakote.

have been way more shaky (now shaky all day, not just coming and going)

my jaw feels really tight and i keep grinding my teeth without realising i'm doing it. this is becoming quite painful. it's like all the muscles in my jaw are all tight and i cant relax them.

also been having some involuntary movements in my hands/arms. yuk. dunno why this has suddenly happened, as i didnt have side effects before.. :(

managed to get an emergency doctors appt. on friday, and they have given me some procyclidine. hope this stuff kicks in fast...

also feeling well tired...combination of medication/going back to work/looking after my niece means i feel totally drained right now. i could sleep for a week...

still feeling positive, but i wish i could just get in bed and sleep and sleep until i've had enough sleep.

unfortunately, if i did that, i would probably wake up sometime next week.. :lol:

pinky,

the tiredness should go away after you have been on them a while. if those other side effects don'[t change i would be back at my docs wanting some change.

bets

I find that a lot of meds make me grind my teeth. Feels just like your jaw has locked.

Only thing I can compare it to is when I used to take speed etc.

yeah, it's a bit of a bum cos the combination of meds really works for me. have been on this combination for a couple of months now, but not had the jaw locking thing until last week :unsure: have been shaky, though, almost from day 1 of taking sertraline, and they kept saying it would settle down, but it has got much worse....

my jaw does feel mildly better this morning, so maybe the procyclidine is having an effect now????

fingers crossed. i dont wanna go messing around changing drugs again. not now i'm happy and stable and working again. i wanna stay on these then gradually taper off them when the time is right. like a nice, sensible nutter :wacko: LOL :lol:

i have the shakes and in volentry movements and jaw locking ....well i do if i dont take my procycladine ....and it really works for me and stops the side efffects alot ...i still get tired and restless legs but the shakes and teeth grinding have stopped...

i hope the procycladine (i cant spell lol) works for you to

(((((((((((safe hug ))))))))))

Janie xxxx

Archived