Mental Health Forums

Too Fat

AliMWelt

I'm constantly thinking that I am too fat. I lost some weight and then have just had a very tough 5 weeks emotionally and have put a little bit of weight back on- not even a dress size though but I can feel it and my Mum said it is a little bit noticebale. I feel like a bad person when I've put on some weight...and really ugly and that everyone is thinking "gross"...

All my life I've felt as you say and I don't know how old you are hun but if you are below 30 years old I bet you look just fine. When you look back you think, what was on about I looked great. I am not saying everyone over 30 is fat or ugly but youth is a beautiful thing and if you are under 30 you have youth. :)

I'm 25...I get what you say because I look at pics of myself when younger and wonder why I was so unhappy with how I looked! But then, I am "competing" with other under 30s so youth isn't an advantage with that! ;)

I am "competing" with other under 30s so youth isn't an advantage with that!
:lol: Yeah but you win against all the people over 30!

AliMWelt

I feel exactly as you do, I know rationally that I am not fat but I can't help but feel gross and unattractive and that when I am competeing with others my age I will fall massivle short, whether it be professionally or socially.

I wish I know what to say to help but I feel so stuck as well, also feel like I should lose at lease another few kilos and then I will be happy with my weight and the way I look.

:bigarmhug[1]:

BD xxx

Archived