Mental Health Forums

1 Minute Ok The Next Not Ok.

CaTsEyEs

That feeling when your whole world just tips and everything hurts every memory every noise every touch everything. I hurt so much and I know I have to sit with it let it wash away and I will but I want to shout it hurts.

sorry you are feeling like this hun...

sitting with stuff is ok unless it makes you unsafe... maybe this is one of the times when sitting with it isnt the best course of action... dunno - this is different for everyone...

sometimes just acknowledging the feelings and accepting them is enough for a bit - maybe try some distraction for a lil while and then maybe the feelings will have calmed to a more manageable level and can be worked through more safely...

hope they pass soon xxx

It would be comical if it isn't such a horrible place to be in at the time.

It's good that you recognise that you pretty much have to sit it out as this vital bit of information usually skips my mind. It did just a couple of hours ago although it was pleasant when it did pass.

As has been said, awareness is cool and try to do what you can to distract or release (a headstand worked for me before). I hope you feel better soon.

(((((CaTsEyEs))))) What about taking a shower or fixing yourself a nice cup of tea or something to treat yourself? (Even though you don't feel like it?) I said a shower because it is more stimulating and taking a bath can let you sit there and let your mind wander. Right now it might be good if your mind wasn't able to wander off to not okay things. Even though you probably think you couldn't focus could you put a movie in and try to distract yourself or listen to some uptempo music and say the words in your head our out loud so you are filling your thoughts with those words and not your thoughts. I am sending more hugs. xx

Thank you all I feel a little better now I played a game with my son and his toy monkey and he was laughing so much it made me feel much better. I some chocolates I am going to eat in a bit!

Archived