Mental Health Forums

Not Anorexic Or Bulimic So What Am I?

Shell of a man

Hello there, I would like to see if anybody else has the same problem with food that i do. I do not care for food in anyway it is merely a source of fuel for the body. i have no fears of getting fat i am aware i am super skinny but i look at food and think to myself why would anyone put that in thier mouth? it looks horrid smells horrid and by most accounts tastes horrid food to me is a chore i dont like it and when i have gone about looking for help as i am aware i need some no one can help as i dont make myself sick i dont binge and im not afraid of gaining weight if anybody shares this or can shed some light please feel free

thank you for your time

have you ever had it suggested that it could be a food phobia or a food aversion or something similar...

I'm no professional but I did have a friend just the same thing

no i havent its a good thought tho cos like i say i look at food and just simply repulst by it ( most of it) i shall try and look into this more thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I have a very specific eating disorder which is not classified as one of the official major eating disorders. I fear food, fear of eating in public, when being in a social situation having food near, let's say a restaurant, i feel like throwing up, and the fear grows even bigger at that point, please also note that i am emetophobic (afraid of sickness) which makes things even more complicated. This has been my major problem in my life since when i was 12, last year i was fine, but this year i experienced a truama when in a bar at lunch time, and the situation has worsened a lot. I'm undergoing cbt now, trying to get rid of this problem once and for all, it should be of great help. At least i don't feel alone in this world with a problem which seems to be non existant. Thanks for reading, hope you'll find this comforting. Hugs

• 3 months later...

I was going to say the same as the people above. I had a friend who watched a TV programme as a kid and some kid was sick or something and she developed this fear of food and of eating solid food and lived off coffee and fortisips (food drinks). She was super skinny but didn't care about it she just didn't want to be sick. There is such a wide array of food disorders / eating disorders perhaps seeing a psychiatrist would help if you are not already? xxx

Archived