Mental Health Forums

New Home

CrippleAndStarfish

Sooo, I'm a little bit all-over-the-place about it emotionally at the moment, but can still see that it is a positive step...... Just so ya know, this is gunna be a long 'n' rambly one........

So, Saturday gone I got the keys for my new home. It's a 2 bed terraced house, only a few streets away from my Nana's, about 10 mins walk from town, and a 5 min walk to the bus stop for the bus to my mum's. It was advertised as having "limited downstairs space" and the bedrooms as "a small double and a regular single". Downstairs the wall's been knocked through so it's one BIG room downstairs, the kitchen is reeaaalllly long, there's a little yard, and the front bedroom (mine) is a big double, and the back (Logan's) a regular-sized double room. Was super excited when I saw them. The bathroom is also spacious too. It's £90 a week, and housing benefit covers that. I've got the gas and elec on a meter, which is great because that's what i'm used to after living at my nana's the past few years.

The landlord is lovely. I told him that I didn't have very much householdy-type stuff, and he's put a new sofa and an armchair in for me, and a new bed which is soooooo comfy, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers and a bedside unit thingy too. The kitchen units have just been fitted 2 weeks ago, and new carpeting throughout, with the exception of my bedroom.

The bathroom is a bit manky - this horrible tile-on-a-roll thingy on the walls, and then this yucky brown tile thing around the bath. It's like stepping into a friggin timewarp when you go for a wee, BUT, a friend had a tin of tile-paint that was surplus and has given me that, so going to paint the tiles white, also got paint for the rest of the walls, and gunnna get L to stencil the tiles too, and it won't cost me more than a fiver, so i'm chuffed with that.

I need a new carpet in my bedroom cause it looks baaaaad, but that's not too urgent.

I phoned up and sorted the TV licence out on Monday, so got my tv set up in the room, and my mum is giving me a sky box tomorrow, also got an oven coming tomorrow, and a fridge-freezer on Friday. I've got a microwave, kettle, and toaster already here.

I'm pretty impressed, to be honest. I've basically just felt like a complete bag of nerves over the whole thing - from ringing for a viewing about 2 weeks ago, to moving my stuff over from my nana's to here, and to being here on my own..... BUT, I've done it.

The house does feel really empty, but it also feels like home, and I know the more of my things I have around me, and the more I put my stamp on the place, the more comfortable I'll feel being here.

Ooooh, and possibly the best news of all about the whole moving thing - it's the summer holidays now, and so I've got to put L's bed up in the morning, but my mum has agreed that I seem to be coping really well, taking all this in my stride, and has said that she would feel completely at ease with L staying over here as often as he likes. I'm so pleased :')

and yuss, am a teensy bit proud of myself too.

I'll upload some pics soon - it's still pretty basic and don't have anything on the walls or anything just yet - also, the curtains i've got are much much more of "need" than of "want", but will be replacing things with the styles that I want once i've got everything that I need.

LOL god, i didn't think it was possible to waffle on so much about a bloomin' house, but ahhh well. Thanks if you've made it this far without nodding off! hehe :)

Crippie De La Wafflebum.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS.

I've also been trusted to have a knife block with the knives in it again - it's been about two years since my fam have felt comfortable with me doing that! LOL I know it's only a nothing-thing, but it matters to me. Yup, i'll shurrup now!

Crippie i'm so happy for you, I was wondering how you were doing and if you were in your new house yet, its so good to see you like it there and everyone is being so nice and supportive, that was really nice of the landlord and it must feel like a really big step having knives and Logan being allowed to stay over. you should feel proud of yourself, i am proud of you too! It is hard having things taken away from you like that but i bet its a good feeling when you get them back, a real sign you are doing so much better.

Its great to see you sounding so positive, i really hope its a happy new start for you with lots more ups than downs.

Awrrrr, thankyouuuuuu :)

You's are always so supportive, it's so lovely. Dunno what i'd do without you lot, really.

Gahhh, Crip is turning to mush!! But I do love you all.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awrrr, thankyou you two!

Gosh, i'm so soft lol, sat here crying at your kindness - thankyou all so much :)

It feels great to actually share something positive here - feels like the past wee while has been nought but ouchiness and grumps.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm so pleased for you Crippie. I think this is exactly what you need. A bit of independence, but still close to your family if you need them. You will enjoy hunting for bargains to make the house your own.

You seem to have the right attitude, too. Getting the essentials and planning on improving the rest. I'm really proud of you hun, and I know Logan will love having his own room in your very own house.

When is the house warming party?

yayyyyyyyyyy crippie! HOW proud and made up are you?? movin is SERIOUSLY stressful and it is such a relief when you can step back and go, 'aha! im so awesome, look what i did!'

i know it aint the best, but just an idea for ur room....if u cant afford a carpet for a while, u can buy carpet tiles and u can buy like a a box a wk or summat til u have enough. is also good for kids rooms for when they spill stuff lol cuz u can just replace the tile...its good idea to ask the shop that the colour u choose isnt about to get discontinued or summat lol so u know it will be there each wk

i know it aint like desirable lol but its summat ye...just an idea!

well done lovely lady! achievement!

:D

xx

oh ive ran outta green points :angry: will come back i promise lol

I am really happy for you Crippie :) And no I didn't nod off at all lol :) I hope things go well and it sounds like you have a really nice landlord :) xx

yayyyyyyyyyyyy go you... :)

*gets out pompoms and does the happy dance*

so proud of what you have achieved hun...

*gives u virtual house warming pressie* :)

can't wait to see piccies

much love as always xxxxx

Morning Crippie de la Wafflebum (love that it's so sweet ^_^ )

This was so lovely to read. You have now started the next part of your life :crying_anim02: <----- happy tears!! Feel so happy for you :)

It's great that L can stay over as much as he can and you'll have fun turning the place into your home. We live in an old Yorkshire sandstone terrace which is 2 up and 2 down and like yours it's quite large and I love this little house and it doesn't take too much cleaning!!

So proud of you - oh don't know what else to say just so bloody happy for you :D:wub:

Love and hugs xxxx

*gets out pompoms and does the happy dance*

read that as 'gets out poppadums' :blink::lol:

think crippie should have an indian (meal, not person :P ) as a treat for doing so well :) :lol:

Hi Crip,

Well done on the move- it is a big accomplishment.

Good luck in your new gaff, it sounds sweet.

I hope you will be content there, this is a new chapter. xx am

oh my goodness, am sat here weeping buckets over all these replies - thank you all, so very, very much.

Completely overwhelmed.

Will get at ya with pics soon as I can,

love to you all.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived