Mental Health Forums

(Possible Trigger) I Flushed All My Meds.

Boy_Blue

Last night I flushed my meds last night. Prozac and Lamictal. I had headaches, joint pain and lost my coordination. I tried to tell the pdoc a couple of times and they just keep saying stick with it or increasing the dose. Fuck them all. The first time I went about my depression there was a real problem in my life and I was very down. Since then I have had meds after meds and increases in doses until I forgot where I started. Nobody asked ever asked me how I felt or why I might feel that way. Just pushed me out the door and gave me pills pills and more pills.

I am going the alternative route with healthy eating, exercise and relaxation techniques. The cold turkey will be a nightmare but I will be ok. At least I will know if the improvements made in my life are down to me and not the pills.

How long were you on the meds for? It can take up to 4 weeks for them even to start working and for the headaches to go away. But some meds just don't work.

I don't blame you at all though. I have never flushed meds but i have stopped taking them and refused to take any more, thats what I did with my prozac. It seemed silly to take meds for depression when the side effects were making me feel a lot more depressed than i had been before. I got some different meds now tho and i'm happy with them.

I don't know if the healthy eating route will work but it is worth a try, being unhealthy can definately effect your mood and it can help to know you are doing something positive toward helping yourself.

I hope it helps you, you know if it doesnt help you can always go back and ask for different meds.

I have the same way as thinking as you i am totally against meds, i know they work well for some people but just not for me, what helps me is exercise and getting out and keeping as busy as possible also i have good support from my therapist, maybe you could goand talk to your doctor and tell them what you decided to do and ask them for me support without the meds, i hope it works out for you.x

Thanks for the reply's and support. I am about 4 stone overweight, feel ugly and my self confidence is shot. I was very stressed and miserable in work and had to leave. From there it was meds all the way for the past 14 months or so to treat (mask) my real problems. They said I have depression and then bipolar later on. I need to address the core issues and that is my self confidence, self image, esteem and general health. All meds have done for me is to make me sit around oblivious to the woes of the world. Sometimes you feel crap so that you will do something about it or change something.

Archived