Mental Health Forums

A Rare Good Day

BimoUK

Today has been a pretty good day, and it was most unexpected!

Last night in bed I had the most horrific headache, it was excruciating to even shift position if I was uncomfortable. I really expected to wake up very very ill.........on my one day off.

Instead I woke up early enough to go to Tesco and fill my car up and get a McDonalds breakfast on the way home. After that I drove down to Westwood Cross, an outdoor shopping mall type place, where I treated myself to a Ricky Gervais DVD and a new XBOX game. Then on the way home I decided to take myself back up to Tesco and do a weeks shop where I bought pretty much everything I need food wise for the week, and it was all healthy, good for me stuff.

When I got back I gave my fridge and freezer a clear out of food that really had been there just far too long, opened all the packs of meat I'd bought and separated them into individual portions to freeze ready to use as I need them throughout the week, then just kept going and gave the flat a bit of a seeing to. It's still far from what anyone would call clean and tidy but it looks much more like a home and much less like a squat.

Sat and had a little rest after that, took a couple of aspirin as my headache was threatening to come back and then took myself down to the storage area/gym in my building where I keep my mountain bike and spent some time putting new road tyres on it, changing the front brake pads and doing some general light maintenance so I can start training for the London to Brighton bike ride next year.

Now that's done I'm just having another little sit down and then I'm going to jump in the bath and have a little read. After that I'm going to watch my Ricky Gervais DVD and have a good old laugh.

So, yeah, against all expectations, today has been a good day! :)

Well done Bimo,You really have been busy today :)

I know! I just read it back! Can't actually believe I've done all that today! My Sundays are normally spent asleep until at least midday and then sitting around my pit of a flat doing nothing!

Don't know what's come over me!

Its little things that count, glad your feeling better, hope it lasts xx

You're so right Jules, it IS the little things, and they in turn add up to big things.

I'm glad that you're feeling better too! Here's hoping it lasts for both of us!

I'm so happy you had a good day and they can seem even better when they are so totally unexpected. its great you got so much done.

I'm so happy you had a good day and they can seem even better when they are so totally unexpected. its great you got so much done.

Thanks LHM! Yeah, it's nice to be blindsided by something pleasant!!!!

Archived