Mental Health Forums

Pick Pick Pick - Could Trigger

~eleanor~

this may trigger someone because it talks about picking skin with objects

it is all i do. i have a pin and dig things out of me that my partner says arent really there. i am thinking about using other things like razors but so far i havent. it isnt to hurt myself. its to get rid of the dirt out of me. i picks my nails til they bleed. i put this in OCD because it is a complusion

anyone else the same and/or have any tips? in how to manage this better, not tips on how to do more damage... !

I pick my toes until they bleed sometimes, has been better recently but not sure why, probably a combination of anti-dep and therapy. but still pick but only bleed a little. I have never got an infection but could have so take care with that hun.

I am not sure where you can get help on this so not much help sorry.

hope other people have some ideas for you xx

I would say get rid of your pins, and paint ur nails, I pick my scalp and pull me lashes and sometimes it feels gd an I do it repetitivly an sometimes I not aware. Do u wanna stop it? I don't mind doin mine I spose picking may leave more damage ? Xx

• 2 weeks later...

I do want to stop because it is like a compulsion. But I am recognising other things I do which I may talk to my social worker and/or pdoc about.

Archived