Mental Health Forums

Approved For Dla

Lauren

After four months waiting, and two hospital reports lol

Approved for higher rate care and lower rate mobility.Just got a cheque for over 1100! so thats a holiday this year! :)

Anyone know if it entitles you to anything else at all?

By the way.......

Thanks Josh, for telling me about it, the forms etc...... your a star :)

xx

yes you will be able to not get sick notes from your doctor and stay off work for the length of time the things was awarded for.

you can claim hundreds of punds in incapacity and income support and also housing benefit. works out about £800 a month in all but thats for a single person

glad to help, your always be considered as a mate. xx

Thanks Josh.

Like wise.

xx

Sunshine,

Errr, im not really sure.I just filled in loads of forms, completed some harsh questions sent it of. They then spent four months getting two full medical reports from my senior psychiatrist and my GP.

And grrrrrr hubby is allready spending it on himself before I have even started getting it properly each week.

That is so typical!

Laur,

I'm so happy and relieved for you. Just quietly babe, I'd love 4 u to b getting some consistant therapy with someone u like. U can pick and choose your doc with private therapy! Hooray babe. so pleased.

Tell hubby hands off. Bastard

Cath. x

I get middle rate, if your hubby is working you wont really get anything else, but tell tax credits it makes a HUGE HUGE differance to the money you get, in you favour :0) they will back date as well from the time you applied

Lucy

it makes a difference to tax credits as well?

Any idea by how much?

think im feeling kinda confused by all this money coming all of a sudden.Just been paid 5 weeks wage, got that dla backdated from march, now getting paid a decent wage weekly..... then you say it changes tax credits.

Think i need to had over my acess to money for a while, whilest I figure things out.

Or I am going to get myself into some serious mess!

but first...... a little light internet shopping retail therapy for J :)

He allready knows.....

Came recorded delivery fpor some reason, and he decided to open it. He cant help opening my mail. trust issues he has I think.

You can get a cinema card that u paphoto and then ay £5 for and send in a photo - then u and whoever accompanies u gets in free - unfortunately i really cant remeber who and where u write too to get it I will try and find out - it is somewhere in England.

ALSO u may be entitled (depending on where u live) to a free public transport card - for this go on to ure councils website :)

This is all I know of

*huggles* and keep the money for stuff u wanna do AND start charging ure hubby £1 for every piece of ure mail that he opens soon u'll have another £1000 if u keep it all in a jar :)

:bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]:

Archived