Mental Health Forums

..and You Wont Read This

Bekki19

I have done all the things that people asked of me, I acknowledge that I have a problem, I identified some trigger points. I am getting help through group therapy. I explained that I have BPD. I found you lots of information to read about the disorder. I try to talk to you, I don't always tell you what I am upset about at the time, but I will normally come back and tell you when I have calmed down. I haven't over dosed or self harmed in anyway for months. I rarely 'act out'. I have done everything that I can, but I can't change overnight.

But you, Will not acknowledge that you have an anger problem, the root of which I don't know because you wont talk to me, although I may have my theories, but I daren't voice them. You aren't interested in getting any help, "you don't need it". You skimmed through the information I gave you, and told me you understood, yet when ever I show any symptoms of the disorder WE acknowledge I have, You loose your temper with me, call me immature, childish, stroppy, why can't you be understanding at all? Do you think this is how I want to be? You called me pathetic for self harming, but you don't realize that your behavior is just as destructive because you're temper and arrogance is going to cause you to loose everything that you have. I didn't tell you my 'triggers' because the main one is you. The things you say and do are so hurtful, it just proves that you don't know me at all. I can't list everything, I am too tired, I have tried and tried and I can't do it again.

The best part is I am not even going to send this too you, because you have just gone out and left me alone, knowing that I feel like this, and if you knew me at all, you would check my profile to see if I was ok. Because you would know that I would post something online, because I am attention seeking, because I need people to talk to, but you don't know me, and you wont read this

Hi There,

what you have written could be very well applied to my husband. His view on things is often to think everyone else is wrong, save himself.

It has been a long struggle but finally he is starting to make some changes in his anger and behaviour towards me.

It takes a lot of work: the reason sometimes that I have stayed when things have been bad is because i have chidren and deep dow I do love him.

I hope your situation can change for the better.

I've read your message and feel so sorry for you! Posts like yours make me realise how lucky I am to have an understanding husband. He can only do this by getting help from somewhere else. He attends a group for family members of a person with personality disorders. It helps him immensely to have somewhere he can go and talk about things and gain advice and support from people who are going through the same things.

I hope you and your partner work out your problems. Maybe a group could help him too. I know our relationship would be in much worse shape without the support he gets.

Thinking of you and sending best wishes xx

(((((hugs)))))

Want you to know that I have read this too,I am lucky too that I have a husband who understands I know many people don't,Rest of my family don't care.x

That sounds so very hard and frustrating. Hearing what youre doing and how well youre doing,wow thats amazing!!! Hope you can pat yourself on the back for that!

Im afraid we simply cant change others,he obviously refuses to look at himself and be more supportive to you.

So you I guess have to figure out how you can deal with that best for yourself.

Lily

Archived