Mental Health Forums

Never Good Enough

G1rlInterrupted

Not pretty enough, not thin enough...too fat too ugly, not smart enough, not confident enough. Not a good mother Why don't you piss off and find another girlfriend then. Would make my life a lot simpler. I hope I starve to death, then maybe I will be pretty enough and thin enough for you.

If that is a pic of you hun you are stunning. But whatever you look like what size you are don't let someone put you down. ((hugs)))

Hey G1rl,

I presume someone has said this to you (a partner?). If so, its bullshit. I agree, with CaT, you look lovely in your pic.

In June, a guy I really liked and had known for a while completely put me down with "Fuck off you ugly spotty ginger minger". It hurt, and still does. I think we both have to be strong and realise we are better than those idiots who have degraded us like that!

Hugs x

I frequently feel this way and find it impossible why anyone would love me. I am sorry you are so hurt by this, your picture i think is lovely and I am sure you deserve better. FML that was awful, please dont listen xx

Thank you Bluebells, I think we both deserve better as we are better people than these cretins (sorry G1rl, it just made me angry what they said as you are fine the way you are) x

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou for the nice comments and I can see what you're all saying but i really hate myself and the way I look. I've decided to have surgery. I know it's probably not the best thing to do but I have to do something.

Why do you need surgery? I think you look fab! :)

I got traded in once for this fake silicone blonde. It really gave me a complex, but then I looked at what she does for a living, and she gets her boobs out for the TV. The difference with us is we have self respect, and I know for a fact that many men would take one look at you and want to be yours. You deserve so much better!

Ultimately, surgery is your decision. I too feel I need alot of surgery, but one thing that stuck out is it wont change you as a person. I have had some surgery including otoplasty (ears done), and they made a cack job of it; I have horrid big unhealed scars behind my ears that are sore to touch. Please think carefully x

Shit, I'm bad with words. When I meant guys want to be yours, I meant they would be pleased to have you on your arm AND as a girlfriend, as I bet you are a lovely person! I just reread that bit, didnt want to make it sound cheap hun xx

Don't get surgery. Seriously, unless you can afford the best it really can just end up making you look hideous. Watch a couple hundred episodes of one of those Plastic Surgery Disaster programs before you even consider making an appointment. Seriously, DON'T DO IT!!!

Also, I tried to date a girl once, a girl I fell in love with but she was so concerned with the way she looked that she made it impossible for us to have a relationship because she never wanted to meet in case I didn't like the way she looked. I knew how she looked and she was beautiful but worried about a bit of extra weight she'd put on during pregnancy and looking after her little girl. I didn't care, I still thought she was beautiful but she wouldn't believe me and eventually it broke my heart but I had to walk away. My point is that if you meet a decent guy (something I think all women deserve) then he's going to be far more concerned with who you are than how you look and being obsessed with how you look might drive him away. If you're worried about how beautiful you are, don't look in a mirror, look inside yourself. I know it's an old line that inner beauty is the one that matters but it's true. Outer beauty is just your skin and bones, inner beauty is who you are, your soul. There's nothing more important in this world than inner beauty, depth, soul, compassion, wisdom. Trust me, wealth, outer beauty, these things are utterly fleeting. It's inner beauty that is immortal. Shakespeare poured his inner beauty into his work and is still valued as one of the greatest playwrights of all time. Nobody remembers if he had good cheekbones, everyone's hear of Romeo and Juliet. It's not outer beauty that any man falls in love with ever. Men do not love outer beauty, they lust for outer beauty but lust is fleeting. It's inner beauty that wins a man's heart, certainly a good man's heart, always, every time without exception. Ask anyone. It's the truth. So please, trust me. :)

That last post upset me, though its very true Jack.

I dont want to drive this away from G1rls original posting, but what you say is true, I guess they say that truth hurts sometimes. When I have had guys approach me, whether they have seen my pics online, club etc, they do compliment my looks (which I personally dont believe), but then when they try to go deeper, I immediately switch into "F*** off, leave me alone", with a few insults, as I dont want to be hurt again. One guy said, "You're beautiful, but your personality is a bitch". Inner beauty therefore really is what counts.

When I found out my ex was seeing someone new, I didnt take it well, even though I dumped him, and rang him. When I queried his new partner, I slagged her off (I wont mention what I said about her, incase it upsets or triggers anyone), and he really got to me saying she was far nicer person that what I will ever be, treats him with more respect etc. As my cousin said, people always go for inner beauty. Only shallow men tend to go for looks alone.

G1rl, I reckon you have the looks from what I can see, and think you are lovely, but I do reckon you care about others and are kind, else you wouldnt be writing this post. Is there anyway you could maybe speak to a counsellor about this? Please dont ruin your looks, like I said before, although no one can see direct, when I had my ears done (which everyone said were fine), I have this horrible lumpy scar behind one which wont even go away with Bio Oil. Please think carefully xx

• 2 weeks later...

I meant facial surgery. I went to a clinic last week and the woman gave me a list of stuff I need doing. Botox and fillers in my forehead, chemical peels and microdermabrasion, lip filler. I thought I would feel better after going there but it made me feel worse. I really don't know whether to go ahead or not and whether it will even make me happier but I have realised that I will have to keep having it done and I wont be able to afford it forever. then what? I've also realised that I am a perfectionist and this is maybe why? I don't know whether its the bpd or if I have body dysmorphic disorder too? but then I think surely I can't because body dysmorphic disorder is a illness of imagined flaws and I'm sure mine are not imagined so I must be just ugly. Thanks for your comments I do appreciate it, you guys talk alot of sense.

I'd get checked for BDD, but in all honesty, I reckon you are suffering from very low self esteem given what has been said.

Facial surgery; you mention Botox, lip fillers etc. In all honesty? Cosmetic surgery places are bound to say that you need them, because they want one thing and that is your money. A true cosmetic surgery place will tell you you dont need it, but sadly, alot dont as they just want money as I said. It is nothing to do with your looks.

Please can you talk to a psychologist or a counsellor about this? As in the long run, you may just feel the same, just more out of pocket. Plus, watch out with lip fillers... you dont want to look like Lesley Ash x

Archived