Mental Health Forums

Offer Of Therapy

CrippleAndStarfish

Sooo, I've been waiting since.... mid-May I think..... to hear about therapy. Was told that they'd get it sorted as quickly as they could for me, and I had a phonecall today.

I missed my Care Co-ordinator calling round today, I woke up 5 mins after she'd been. (typical that this is the woman who has kept me waiting for an appt from half 10 until quarter to 5 before!) and had a note through the door saying she'd called by but missed me, and that she would call me later. Left her mobile number.

I sent a text and let her know that i'd received her note, and was sorry i'd missed her as I'd slept in.

So, back to the point!! She rang me about 20 minutes ago saying she'd just left an appt with a therapist at the local Community Mental Health Team, and wanted to offer me an appt at 12pm on the 31st of August to discuss starting group therapy.

The group therapy will start on the 6th of September and consists of 6 sessions initially, and a follow-up appointment with the therapist who leads the group to see if need further therapy.

At this point, my CC said, they would offer further group therapy once a week alongside individual therapy once a week too. She said there would be 12 sessions, and then a review.

I'm also due a medication review with my psychiatrist at the CMHT soon, and my CC said she would get me in to see her the same day as I meet the therapist, so will be getting the review on the 31st.

I'm relieved that something is getting sorted, that i'm getting some support, but I was a bit upset too as I got yet another lecture following Monday night/Tuesday morning's incident with tabs and alc that landed me in the hospital. She said "i'd expected more rationality from you, Jordan. Hopefully you will contact someone next time before you act." I told her that I had tried ringing Crisis several times, and was unable to get through, to which she said "yes, that is fair enough, they're sometimes very busy, but you can't do things like this to teach them a lesson!"

I didn't say anything about teaching them a lesson, so fuck knows where she has got that from! It just wasn't the case at all!!!

Anyway, that's me done.

xxx

edit: to add start date of group therapy.

This is really good news Miss Crippington Von Delaware Smythe :) Really hope its helpful and stuffs.

Rossington Mc Cromarty-Mitherington-Boothe III

LOL!!

CaTsEyEs & Ross... sorry, ahem... Rossington Mc Cromarty-Mitherington-Boothe III.....

Thankyouuuu! :D

CaTsEyEs - yupyup, I reckon that it must be the number one priority in her line of work. Silly woman. Ahh well!

Ross, thankyouu, i've been waiting for this for aaages so i sure hope it's helpful too :)

xxx

Really happy you are happy :)

Today I have decided we are all characters is an extended alternative reality Pride and Prejudice Universe :)

Well maybe for the next 5 minutes, until a shiny thi....

OOOOO SHINY THING **runs off**

what sort of therapy is it? eg DBT? didnt know u could get group and individual at same time. Have always been told htey can't 'mix' things cos it would confsue me

Hey sundries,

That was my understanding of it too, and it confused me when she mentioned it. I did ask about that, and was told that the group was more "a chance for discussion", but am unsure what that means, and didn't ask as feel stupid if I ask too many questions. I will mention it at the meeting with the T on the 31st though, and hopefully get a better understanding of it then!

It's CAT - I was supposed to be getting DBT, but they are "in the process of aquiring" a DBT therapist. They've said that the therapist is trained in dbt too and has worked with a lot of people with PD (i don't know if she means specifically BPD there or just people with different personality disorders, as she has referred to me as having PD when I know I have BPD... can anyone shed any light on that?) with really good results.

xx

With some DBT courses they do offer 1-2-1 therapy alongside the groups and as she is trained in DBT and works with people with PD it should be OK. If you're still worried ask them about and I'm sure they'll be happy to explain it further for you xx

Ahh thanks Cats, I was a bit worried about it, yup.

I know how drained I feel after a reg appt with my CC, nevermind a pdoc, or T, so was thinking if was 2 in one week, plus pdoc every 3 weeks so in one week would have 3 appts with MH team, and then GP appt every week, plus got to see the chemist every Fri, i was thinking "omg, too many medical peoples!" and starting to get a bit worked up about it.

I think I will mention that to the T when I see her, and hopefully she can put my mind at ease some more, maybe will ask her how people who have similar issues to me have coped with it in the past, and might get a better idea from that. Hopefully! xxx

Archived