Mental Health Forums

Who Loves The Tv Series 'the Wire'?

fedup!

Come on folks!! For the love of Thor, does anyone on here watch The Wire?

You do? Oh good on you - knew you had taste! OK so what is your fave series? Who is your fave character? Who is the funniest person? What is your fave theme tune?

My answers are:

Series 2

Omar

Bunk/Omar

Series 1

Love from fedup! McNulty (yeh, in my dreams) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry I'm not usually awake at that time to watch it but my hubby is a big fan. It's great isn't when you find a fab programme to follow? Keep enjoying xxxx

Greatest show ever, Now....where do I start......Sheeeeeeeeeeit.....(you know that's the funniest)

and Omar is the best character, gotta have a think about fave series again, ......damn you Fedup... :P ... this means I've gotta watch the whole thing again (this will be my 7th wire marathon)

This is one of the most complex and rewarding shows ever, written like a novel,big plots, big characters, I laughed, cried, got angry....and really felt for the characters (from both sides)

This is a work of art, not just a cop show, Saying that it's just another American police show is like comparing Nirvana to Busted or the a doodle of a cock and balls to the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

It's not just a simple case of cops and robbers, good guys v bad guys. In fact you'll be finding yourself have love and respect,and contempt and loathing for people on all sides. I say all sides, because this is not just about cops and drug dealers, it is about society as a hole. Yes it's main theme is the war on drugs, but it covers the whole story, from the education system, city politics, and unions, to organised crime and the press and media, and how they are all linked together. A truly amazing piece of television history., that even has some of the characters played by real people from some of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in Baltimore (Bodymore). So please go out and start buying the box sets and an addict of a better kind.

Sheeeeeeeeeeit..........I only meant to give a quick reply, but like The Wire, I only tuned in for a quick look , and the just couldn't stop.

my name is Marc, and I'm addicted to The Wire

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeittttttttttt marc!!

HALLELUJAH!!! You are another who saw the light!!! I cannot agree enough - this is a work of art, made out of pure love. The results are phenomenal. Loads of it filmed outside!! In the dark!! How? how did they do it? I tell you - that side of things ie the logistics of bringing all of this to us, the undeserving viewer, turns my mind into blamange.

BUT! The show itself...I'm halfway through my personal 3rd Wireathon, up to episode 6 of series 2 so the whole detail is just coming together and Rawls has just successfully offloaded the 12/13 Jane Does from the can onto cedric (see! See how easy it is to slip into Wire speak?!). So the gang are back together (minus Sydnor though - I can't remember if he pops up in this series?)

The Wire put my faith back into TV and how, with the right people and the right vision, pure genius can be brought to our screens.

Other fave Wire-y bits:

The arrival of Omar on to any scene where you just know the shit will go down cos he's whistling 'The farmers in his den....the farmers in his den...'

The huge wads, nay piles, nay MOUNTAINS of food the cast get through. Permanently scoffing!

The names of drugs that corner boys sell - sometimes they match up with what the current storyline is eg 'dark horse...come and get that dark horse...' during the mayoral race.

Oh god loads more. People, you must watch!! Come and be as Wire obsessed as Marc, Mr Cats and me! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS fab pic of Clay!!!!!!!!!!!

it is the most exciting, well written, thought provoking tv series EVER!!!!! pure genius

I LOVE IT!!!!

for a while it was a toss up between the wire and the soprano's as to which was the bestest but the wire wins.

i've only watched it once all the way through but am sorely tempted to go through it all again.

have you seen in the news this week.... the psychotic small girl gangsta 'snoop' who was always with chris......she's pleaded guilty this week to distributing heroin in baltimore!!!

i heard an interview on the radio recently with one of the creators of the wire and he said he would only make another series when the ridiculous US drugs policy is changed. looks like we're in for a long wait :crying_anim:

xxxxxx

NO WAY!!!!!!!!! Snoop what you like!!!

God we're deffo in for a looooooooong wait with another series then. Would just love to see a 'where are they now' with the characters.

vivien I'm over the moon you're a Wire-ite too - I recommend you do another run. The only other series like this I have ever watched again and again is State of Play - BBC drama, with shed loads of ace actors in - John Simm, Kelly macdonald, david Morriesey, Bill Nighy, James Macavoy, Marc Warren.....that was fab too, only 6 episodes though. I recommend that too!

We love you, the Wire. Go on the Wire!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oooh i've never heard of state of play but it sounds good and only 6 episodes means its not too big a commitment time wise.

if you did fancy something long to sink you're teeth into then the sporanos is amazing. its got that 'like a book' feel to it like the wire and is very clever and addictive. you get sooooo involved with the characters too. xxxxxxx

hiyas,

I have really loved 6ft under & dexter - and have the wire (series 1 to 5) downloaded & ready to watch.

Really looking fwd to it, thanks for reminding me fed-up :) x

I hear you!! I feel really ridiculous at not having watched the Sopranos, it's high on my to-do list. In fact, surely after this wire mission, thats what I must do!! xxxxxxxx

Do it kitteh!!! Also, two more shows there that I must watch too. I'm sure I watched 6ft under when it first started and loved it - fab cast xxxxxxxxx

• 1 month later...

Meant to do this last month, But ,it didn't happen, But I've just dug out all my "The Wire" dvds, and am beginning my latest wire Marathon tonight.

Gonna take the laptop to bed, plug in my headphones,and head "Way Down In The Hole"

my name is marc, and I'm addicted to The Wire.

Get on it vivien!!!! xxxxxxxxxx

Enjoy marc - "this America, man"!! xxxxxxxxxx

I'm having a small rest and this weekend I'm doing Series 4 - which looks at the education system.

My name is fedup! and I am addicted to The Wire xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Haaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of WA marc (Wire Anonymous, of course)

My name is fedup! and I am addicted to the Wire xxxxxxxxxx

SO BADLY. Love how he just nonchalantly walks in to Butchie's wearing it haha!!

Also love McNulty's Adidas wardrobe...and what's the scene where Bunk and Mcnulty are waiting in the car in Series 2, spying on The Greek and Bunk discusses the designer suit Spiros is wearing?

Sharp dressed man, Bunk!

My name is fedup! and I'm addicted to the Wire xxxxxxx

And as I'm just finishing off season two, I get reminded of whats to come...Daniels cant keep his shirt on.

My names marc, and I'm addicted to the Wire

I know!!

Daniels you big trollop!!

He has a good walk though, I suggest everyone watch and have a go yourself.

PS hahahaaaa!! Look at the title of this clip! Well, I guess it was gonna come out at some point...

My name is fedup! and I am addicted to the Wire xxxxxxxxxxx

lol marc mcnulty has such a guilty look on his face there too :D

fedup...haha and you hid it so well :D

*name- vivien, status-badly needing a wire fix*

Archived