Mental Health Forums

:'( Ive Done Something Stupid

CourtingPsycho

hi, if u've done something to hurt yourself please get help. go to a+e, they will help you.

take care and please get help if its needed

lol no way in hell im going there again last time was a 11 hr wait and why bother no fucking dr believes me so i dont see the point

I'm really sorry you got to that point, CP. Can understand you having reservations about going to hosp...

I've got a couple of questions, okay?

When did you do it? Has it stopped bleeding? And have you cleaned it and dressed it properly?

xx

doubt i will go as the nhs couldnt give a fuck about anyone

did it last night and yea it has stopped and nope i havent

I'm sorry that's been your experience of the NHS. I've had some shit encounters with them too, but I've also had a lot of helpful, productive ones.

I'm glad it's stopped bleeding, would you please clean it? Don't want you getting an infection, as that will only make things harder for you. Please remember to make sure your hands are washed thoroughly before you touch the wound(s) or surrounding areas.

xx

Okay, do you have a clean towel or flannel or something similar to hand? Even an old t-shirt would do, so long as it's clean. Apply it to the wound and apply some pressure, making sure arm is raised above heart-level. If it soaks through, don't remove, but put another layer on top of the one already there. If it's not stopped bleeding within ten mins of being raised and pressure applied, then you need to go to hosp, as you may need stitches. xx

No, you don't. Not like this. The hurt you are feeling on the inside, and the fact that you've got so much going on that you felt the need to physically harm yourself, is more suffering than enough.

You need to take care of your physical health for the moment, and you can come here and talk about what led you to it, or whatever is affecting you, whenever you're ready, but you need to make sure that arm of yours stops bleeding and is properly protected against any infections first.

xx

I'm sorry you feel no one cares, but that simply isn't true. I don't even know you, have only spoken to you through a couple of posts here, but I don't want you to be hurting, and I really hope that you're able to reach out and get the help and support that you need. x

if you go to the hospital you don't have to tell them why you did it if youd rather not go into all that. it might be better if you did as you can have the crisis team to support you and they might support you properly this time but you don't have to. Its just probably better to get it properly dressed and seen to, you have enough to worry about already :hug2: and like crippie said your mind is already hurting you so much more than you deserve, you dont deserve to hurt at all.

maybe you could just eat a little bit? I know its hard to eat when you dont feel like it but it will help your health even if it doesnt seem like its doing anything.

dont really fancy entering hospital again as i know im going to end up getting transfered to another hospital yet again and wait stupid hours

Hey, sorry it's taken me a wee while to get back to you,

I'm glad to hear that you've cleaned it. Do you have dressings for it? Really don't want you getting an infection - ugh, they're nasty stuff, i've had a few myself from self harm, and since then I really stepped up on caring for the wounds after they were inflicted. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I really hope you manage to eat something, even just a slice of toast. And please make sure you're getting plenty of fluids too, as with any blood loss, can really affect us in not very nice ways.

Feel like I'm nagging you, and I guess I am a bit, but it's with good intentions - I really don't want you to have any more crap added to what you're already having to deal with.

xx

I'm really sorry you're feeling this way.

I know you don't want to go to hosp, but if you're still struggling with urges, i think you need to.

xxx

Archived