Mental Health Forums

:'( Ive Done Something Stupid

CourtingPsycho

"I matter, too"

this is a phrase that should be familiar with everyone, so i want you to start saying it once a day. then progress to twice a day. it's difficult, and awkard, and sometimes i have a hard time believing it myself as I don't often feel this way, but it's true - everybody matters.

Hun I think you need to see a doctor and I think you know you need to see a doctor. It is up to you what you choose to do but the responsible choice would be to get help and stop this dreadful suffering for yourself. (((hugs)))

it's easy to be knocked down, which is why it's important to find strength to stand up.

i hope you plan on talking to your doctor about this...?

:( is it right to want to cut in deeper

I wouldnt say its right or wrong. But its a feeling a lot of us understand. So is the feeling of not wanting to go to hospital. ((((CP))))))

They might surprise you and the main reason why i'm suggesting you go is to get your injury treated, they will care about that. sorry i sound like such a bossy cow. but I know its horrible going to see the doctors and all they care about is the physical side when the mental side hurts more. I'll stop nagging you now, i'm only pissing you off. I'm sorry.

all doctors care - if they don't, they shouldn't be doctors. when I went to see my doc because of my suicidal thoughts, she was very concerned and understanding. i didn't feel like i was in trouble, and i was able to calmly talk about it. and this was my new doctor who had just taken over for my old doctor, so she didn't even know who i was.

they can't help you if you don't give them a chance is all i'm saying. it gets alot better after you seek help.

CP,

this is a kinda ...i can't think of the word.... kind of negative view of it, but the thing is, doctors don't have to care about us, they don't have to be bothered whether we get the help we need or not. BUT it is their job to ensure that if we go to them for help, that they either provide that help themself or they refer us on to someone who can.

The thing is, to not care yourself whether you get the help you need or not - that's a horrible place to be at, and will have gone through a lot of pain before you reach that point. It is so sad, it really is.

I know we all want to feel that the people treating us will help us, do genuinely care that we get the help we need and get better... But that's just not always realistic. I've seen doctors who are dickheads, and I've seen doctors who are saints. It's very much the luck of the draw, but one thing is certain - if you don't try, then you won't know.

You never know, you might go there and the people you see will bend over backwards and then some to offer you support.

The thing is, if you turn up with injuries from SH, they HAVE to treat you, and from that will follow MH support. You will have a real chance there of meeting some good doctors, doctors who DO care, and who DO want to help you. If you don't go, then I really don't see anything getting better, I only see it adding up for you, and I really don't want you to have any more to deal with, I think you have enough hurt as it is. You deserve to give yourself this chance to get some help. I really, really hope that you take it.

xxx

Who's to say you'd have to wait that long again?

I've been to my a&e at i've had anything from literally straight through triage as soon as I walked in the door and seen within 10 minutes as the waiting room was empty, to getting through triage and, like you, waiting for hours and hours on end.

If it's going to help, then I'd say it's worth waiting for.

xx

it sucks, but you need to do what you need to do in order to take care of yourself. you have a responsibility to yourself to do everything neccessary to ensure your own health. if that means waiting a number of hours in the waiting room to keep yourself safe, then so be it.

i see this in very black-and-white, so it's pretty straight forward for me. i'm going through this process, even though a part of me doesn't want to, because i feel its my responsibility to take care of myself, and "i have to", so to speak.

Archived