Mental Health Forums

Hey Gang, 34 Yr Old Dutch Man Introducing Himself

Pablo2k1

Hey all,

Thanks for reading my introduction. Nice to meet you all.

Ive been dealing with depression for like 20 years, off and on. Tried suicide when I was 17 and started having those thoughts again about 6 years ago. I decided to get professional help and after going through tests and meetings, I was diagnosed with chronic depression, symptoms of Asperger and Borderline.

I joined this forum because Im feeling more and more lonely, secluded and like Im on the outside looking in, since I cant find anyone who truly understand my behavior, emotions and thoughtprocess. I hope here I can build some friendships with people that understand what its like. We dont have to talk exclusively about BPD, Id like to get to know you thoroughly and see if we can become good friends.

Dont know what else to say for now... Thanks!

Paul

Hiya Paul & :welcomeani: to the forum.

I am from Dublin, & joined here feeling 'like i was on the outside looking in ' as well 3 yrs ago.-with bpd, agoraphobia, depression, sui thoughts, self harm atc.

I have learnt a lot here about bpd, behaviours, thought modes, 'feelin the fear & doin it anyway'... i'm pretty positive atm lets hope it lasts.:)

Hope you stick around, you will find nice people, someone to listen , & relate.

Wishing you the best in yr recovery, xx annemarie

Hey Paul,

and welcome :)

Understand the feeling of being on the outside looking in - i know that's how I felt when I first joined here, and i think that's something that we've got in common with a lot of the other members too.

I've also got bpd, depression, an eating disorder, self harm, suicidal thoughts..... ahh, the list goes on a bit! haha

I'm sure you'll find this place to be every bit as supportive as you're hoping, and look forward to seeing you around.

tc,

Crip

xx

hey and welcome Paul,

from what you say you want, yuo seem to have come to the right place...

this place is more than just a support site, it is a community and if yuo look through some of the threads in general forum, yuo will see that we dont just talk mh stuff, we also have alot of fun here too... :) music, silly pix, fluffy stuff and cake and chocolate are very much debated here when you need a break from all the neat support and advice mh wise that also happens here...

and on the whole, we are a friendly bunch too...

hope you settle in soon... xx

hi Paul, welcome to the site :)

Depression can be really isolating, joining this site has really helped me a lot. there are people with all sorts of mental health problems here including aspergers but people are really understanding even about things they dont have. we also have a general forum which is obviously much lighter than most forums and you can get to know people in other ways on there. I hope you like the site :)

Thanks all, very kind of u. Maybe this sounds odd, but I dont really know how to go about it on here. Im always so all or nothing and Im afraid to scare people away by approaching them and trying to build a friendship. Any suggestions?

Hi dude,

No worries, just start posting - in other ppls topics if you relate/ have gone thru similar,

or get involved in the 'humour' threads that are always on, if u dont feel up to giving advice...

Or even start a thread of yr own ? I was v. anxious about posting at first, you will be grand!

You can be as open as you need to be on here, this place is all about sharing the things that hurt us and which we often cant really tell other people about.

if you want to build one to one friendships that is harder, it is something that happens with time, i really like everyone on here but there are some people i know more than others, a few i've talked to on facebook msn or twitter, there are a few i text. I havent met anyone but a few members have met. all you can really do is talk to people and start off by building connections on the forums and see what grows from there. Its more difficult than a lot of dating sites tho because most of us are wary of letting people in. you could use the support system to send private messages but a lot of people don't remember to check it especialy now there is no obvious link on the forums. (if you want to log into it, use your username and password for the main site)

Thanks but I guess Im too insecure to think that anyone would care about getting to know me. Or read my anything I have to say, apart from the general introduction. If anyone wants to talk, just ask me for my msn/yahoo.

people will read what you have to say. someone will almost always reply. and if they don't reply its nothing personal, sometimes people dont have the confidence to believe they can help or they don't feel calm enough to reply but we do care.

Welcome I think posting in some of the forums is the best way people reply who have had the same or similar experiences. Good luck.

I cant open the chatroom part of this site. I get an error, kinda vague. Anyone know why?

[#ADDONCHAT-01] You are not permitted to enter this chat room.

Is it because I just joined today?

Hi Paul,

For chat you need to be a sponsor but the subs page is down Ik maak je sponsor voor 1 maand daarna doet de pay link het hopelijk weer,kost 1 pound per maand.Yup ik ben ook Nederlandse :)

Lily

Hi, Can relate to your feelings about being on the outside. I think my friends get fed up with my negative attitude so I tend to stay home on my own. I am really struggling again this year and really haven't got the energy to bother with anything though thankfully could never contemplate suicide because I couldn't do that to my kids.

It helps to talk here because you know there's always someone here that relates to your feelings

Archived