Mental Health Forums

The Best Day Of My Life

PregnantBean

Just thought I would share with you all the birth of my little girl :)

I started contracting at around 14: 00 on Tuesday 9th August. A midwife came out to examine me at around 18:30 and I was 2cms. Not too long after the midwife left I fell asleep and everything slowed down/stopped. About 2:30am on Wednesday 10th contractions started again. They were coming fast and furious and I wasn't really getting much of a breather between. Midwife checked me again at 7: 00am and I was still 2cms. After the pain I was in and the lack of gaps between I gave in and was transferred to hospital by ambulance.

Started on the gas and air in the ambulance which helped me calm down if nothing else. Got to the hospital and had a bounce on a birthing ball whilst puffing on the air before I was examined again at 11. I had actually progressed now, by 1cm. The midwife offered me a shot of pethidine and I accepted gratefully! Pethidine made me feel a bit woozy so layed on my side for a bit (still puffing on the g 'n a). An hour later I started getting a really strong urge to push so the midwives rushed back in to examine me again. 8cms!

I was so shocked I burst in to tears contractions were still hitting me one after the other and now I was trying to resist pushing as well. By 12:45 I couldn't resist anymore and no matter what I did my body was just pushing. Midwives decided that I was probably fully dilated by now grabbed my leg shoved it in the air and told me to do push as hard as I could right into my bum when ever a contraction came. After half hour of this I wasn't really getting anywhere other than being VERY tired. The midwives rolled me onto my back it was excruciating! My back felt like it was on fire! But within 10 minutes of pushing like this Francesca arrived "face to pubes".

We had cuddles for 15/20 minutes and she fed like a dream. Then the midwives examined me to see if I would need stitches. This is when things got bad.

The examination was honestly so much more painful than the birth and I remember telling her this in rather colourful words -cough cough-. She called a more senior midwife for a second opinion on my tears and before I knew it there were people EVERYWHERE. A doctor came in and numbed me and started stitching what she could whilst I had a cannula put in and signed forms to go to theatre. I wasn't really sure what was going on.

Before I knew it I was in theatre being sat up so they could do a spinal but I passed out. When I came round I was rolled onto my side so they could do the spinal that way. They didn't manage to get it in and I was put under general.

I eventually came round at 20:30 (approx) and everything was explained. I had a "star burst" tear as they put it which they hadn't realised at first as it was all internal. During the midwives initial examination she set off a serious bleed which blocked the view for the doctor hence why I was rushed to theatre. I've had a lot of stitches and lost 1400ml of blood. The anaesthetist spent 45 minutes trying to give me an epidural for the stitches but failed leaving me with a horrifically bruised back and ending up under general anyway (which apparently I screamed at them to do in the first place). I had to stay in over night for a blood transfusion and thankfully... That was the end of the drama.

I feel quite traumatised by the after-birth experience and keep waking up in cold sweats after dreaming about it. But my little girl is worth it.

Francesca Marie Reed was born at 13:26 on Wednesday 10th August weighing 7Ilb 6Oz.

((((PB))))

guess u will have to change your name now !!

it was

and it will always be

the best day of your life

xxxx

(rubber rings are SO useful at times like this to sit on - really hope the pain lessens quickly xxxx)

congratulations :D I love your description of it, its so exciting, almost like being there myself so i can't imagine how amazing it must have been for you. but i'm so sorry about what came after, even tho it was worth it it must have been horrible for you.

welcome to the world Francesca Marie, i hope life is always kind to you.

It brings it all back to me, the pain in my back was horrendous.

Congratulations and I am sorry you had such an ordeal afterwards.

The night sweats are very common after birth for the first few months, I carried alot of fluid and still have night sweats now and my hands still haven't returned to the same size yet.

Anyways, YAY you and may your daughter have a life blessed with happiness. :)

Hi Bean, (I'll refrain from saying pregnant :lol: )

Congratulations!! I remember witnessing my son's birth, cutting the cord and holding him for the first time. I remember posting about it here too back in 2008. It was without a doubt, the single most amazing and emotional experience of my life. My son is now 3 years old and I couldn't have asked for a better child.

I wish you all the very best. :)

Oh, and may I recommend changing your name to MummyBean :lol:

Congrats to Mummy Bean and BabyFrancescaBean!!

Hope you feel proud of yourself for coming through this missis! Wow a beautiful baby girl xxxxxxxxxxx

Many congratulations to you.

I am sorry that you had a hard time afterwards though,I remember when I had my first I had a traumatic time too but it was all worth it in the end.xx

How do you go about changing your name on here? And I'll get working on a piccy now xx

Think you will have to message Lily :)

mybabyfrancesca.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

awwwwwwwwww,How cute :wub: She is lovely :)

yes you need to pm Lily to get your name changed. shes changed a few ppls names and she seems fine about it :)

Francesca is beautiful :)

Many congratulations and Francessca is beautiful :)

Try and do something nice for you - everyone seems to forget mum when baby is born, and you have been through an ordeal - it isn't called labour for nothing! - so you must be nice to you and remember yourself :)

This brings back memories of my ex-wife and me in the maternity ward, she held my hand so tight she drew blood from her nails digging in, I was pushing hard with her, I nearly did something I normally do in the toilet, but to see such a beautiful son being brought into this world wil stay with me for all eternity...here come the tears again. I hate not being able to have control it frustrates the hell out of me sorry got to go.....

Congratulations to you both

Archived